Stupid Losers at Starbucks

You aren’t paying for the coffee, you are paying for the EXPERIENCE. The ENVIRONMENT… It’s a place to chill during the day, with an opportunity to meet new people, use free internet, get out of the house, meet clients/dates/friends in a neutral setting that is FAR cheaper than a restaurant… You think a business can do that by charging 50 cents a cup?

Starbucks (and other coffee shops) fill a NEED… It just doesn’t happen to be YOUR need. That doesn’t make me an idiot, it means I have different needs than you.

Now, even if someone is going in and out and just picking up coffee, it STILL fills a need: it lets everyone know that they can afford to spend $5 on a cup of coffee, implying wealth, discriminating taste and status. Kinda like people who drive German cars - they don’t need them, but they want to be perceived as having high status.

And sometimes they fool people who think that money = status, and those people treat them a certain way, thus fooling other people and giving them an artificially based ego boost, filling an emotional need.

So your point that people are idiots because they go to Starbucks is completely invalid. It would be only valid if we lived life in a vacuum as opposed to a social environment. Most of us stay out of the vacuum and enjoy it out here. Come on in, the water’s FINE…

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]PaddyM wrote:
I make my own coffee, it’s cheaper and bigger! If you pay a buck for coffee you’re an idiot![/quote]
Yes, but do you grow your own coffee, or just brew it?[/quote]

You should consider even cheaper ways to obtain it! Try hotels, car dealerships or repair shops, or upscale apartment buildings. There you can find it for free. I get it free from work. That’s cheaper than growing it or paying a dollar for it. Boo^ya!

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
Most of us stay out of the vacuum and enjoy it out here. Come on in, the water’s FINE… [/quote]

When you drink AC’s “water” you will know what communism tastes like.

I like Starbucks. If you think this coffee shop is the biggest scam in our country, you haven’t been out very much.
In Washington we have little drive-up coffee huts where cute girls where skimpy underwear, bikini’s, or little to no clothing… And the booty and tits, er, I mean, coffee, is sure worth the extra dollar for the experience.

_Mel

I hate Starbucks because I didn’t think of it.

They took something as mundane as a cup of coffee and turned it into an experience, an atmosphere, and sort of a social event.

They built a better mousetrap.

I don’t go there very often unless I have a gift card or something, but I can certainly respect what they have done.

You aren’t paying for the coffee, you are paying for the EXPERIENCE. The ENVIRONMENT… It’s a place to chill during the day, with an opportunity to meet new people, use free internet, get out of the house, meet clients/dates/friends in a neutral setting that is FAR cheaper than a restaurant… You think a business can do that by charging 50 cents a cup?

Starbucks (and other coffee shops) fill a NEED… It just doesn’t happen to be YOUR need. That doesn’t make me an idiot, it means I have different needs than you.

Now, even if someone is going in and out and just picking up coffee, it STILL fills a need: it lets everyone know that they can afford to spend $5 on a cup of coffee, implying wealth, discriminating taste and status. Kinda like people who drive German cars - they don’t need them, but they want to be perceived as having high status.

And sometimes they fool people who think that money = status, and those people treat them a certain way, thus fooling other people and giving them an artificially based ego boost, filling an emotional need.

So your point that people are idiots because they go to Starbucks is completely invalid. It would be only valid if we lived life in a vacuum as opposed to a social environment. Most of us stay out of the vacuum and enjoy it out here. Come on in, the water’s FINE… [/quote]

There are some hot chicks that go into Starbucks.

So your point that people are idiots because they go to Starbucks is completely invalid. It would be only valid if we lived life in a vacuum as opposed to a social environment. Most of us stay out of the vacuum and enjoy it out here. Come on in, the water’s FINE… [/quote]

Every Starbucks I’ve ever been to charges for their internet service. You have to buy a card with a passcode and a pre-determined amount of minutes. Also, I just got back from a Starbucks but I went through the drive-thru, so no one saw me drinking my luxury coffee. I would’ve gone to MickyD’s but the drive-thru line was bananas.

fuckinghipsterfags

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Every Starbucks I’ve ever been to charges for their internet service. You have to buy a card with a passcode and a pre-determined amount of minutes. Also, I just got back from a Starbucks but I went through the drive-thru, so no one saw me drinking my luxury coffee. I would’ve gone to MickyD’s but the drive-thru line was bananas. [/quote]

You can register a gift card (doesn’t matter how much $ is on it) and have internet access at starbucks. I never surf the web at starbucks because I think it’s retarded but I just wanted to clear the record.

When you get it, you will laugh brix.

Fuck you. I take my dates there. Its cheap and its neutral. Its completely unsuspecting for when i fuck their brains out later that day. Plus its a good hangout when its still bright outside.

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

Most of us stay out of the vacuum and enjoy it out here. Come on in, the water’s FINE… [/quote]

When you drink AC’s “water” you will know what communism tastes like.[/quote]

??? Last time I checked I was a pretty hard core Capitalist. I’m one of the most tax avoiding, non-wealth-redistributing people I know… Communism will always fail when applied to anything over a very small group. You must have me confused.

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

??? Last time I checked I was a pretty hard core Capitalist. I’m one of the most tax avoiding, non-wealth-redistributing people I know… Communism will always fail when applied to anything over a very small group. You must have me confused.
[/quote]

You are admittedly a starbucks scenester. That puts you far below a communist.

Neutral environments are shitty too. How many times have you gotten a blowjob sitting at a couch at Starbucks? None. The chances are much better if you can convince her to your place or her place.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Every Starbucks I’ve ever been to charges for their internet service. You have to buy a card with a passcode and a pre-determined amount of minutes. Also, I just got back from a Starbucks but I went through the drive-thru, so no one saw me drinking my luxury coffee. I would’ve gone to MickyD’s but the drive-thru line was bananas. [/quote]

I go to much cooler coffee shops than Starbucks where the internet is free.

I used to drive my BMW at night down back-roads at a hundred miles an hour when no was was around cuz I liked it too - what’s your point? That you paid for convenience? Good for you. I was making a point about conspicuous consumption.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[/quote]

Neutral environments are shitty too. How many times have you gotten a blowjob sitting at a couch at Starbucks? None. The chances are much better if you can convince her to your place or her place. [/quote]

I dunno, if anyone could manage a blowjob at Starbucks while enjoying a smooth Columbian blend it could be AngryChicken, okay or Push.

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
I’m rich by New Zealand standards.[/quote]

Is this the reason you listed a cup of coffee at $5? I know that places other than the U.S. charge more for coffee. Coffee of the day is usually around $2 here.

Of course if you’re having something gay like a frappuccino or a caramel machiato you can expect to pay more.

Last time I went to a Starbucks was for their April 15th tax day special. Bring your own travel mug and they fill it up for free.

[quote]nomorewar wrote:

Do you really need to pay 5 bucks for a coffee?

Do you really need to use your laptop/do your homework there?

Starbucks is one of the biggest scams in history. I buy my coffee at a donut shop for a dollar and Its much bigger! If you consistently go to starbucks, you're an idiot!! [/quote]

Do you really think Starbucks is that expensive?

I get a delicious caramel frappuccino for like $4.50. An iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts is almost $3. Wow a $2 difference. Big deal.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[/quote]

Neutral environments are shitty too. How many times have you gotten a blowjob sitting at a couch at Starbucks? None. The chances are much better if you can convince her to your place or her place. [/quote]

Actually I go to Java House. Better coffee, family owned, cheaper prices, free internet, blocks from my building where I can (and regularly do) bounce her to (after I’ve hit Mr. Yogato for some overpriced yogurt topped with fruit). Sometimes I meet clients at Starbucks because they are more familiar with the location… But SO WHAT? Are you really telling ME how get laid? That’s funniest thing on T-Nation all day!

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[/quote]

Spoken like a true commie!!!