T Nation

Stupid Essay for English

For my introductory literature class, I have to write an essay about the unruly tongue, which is “a language that is empowering, maternal, and unique to women writers.” I respect that women had problems before, and that “men stifled women’s evolving literary voice,” but this is, to me, very uninteresting! Why don’t female professors realize that women’s history is interesting to only half the population!

Even in history classes taught by women, I have to always hear about how men screwed women (hehe). I respect that women had it tougher hundreds of years, even 50 years, ago, but the constant complaining just irritates me. As if I have no problems of my own. At least a unisex prompt doesn’t alienate anyone. But my rant won’t change anything. Stupid words for a stupid problem.

Cool rant, bro.

Stupid feminist professor is stupid

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Stupid feminist professor is stupid[/quote]
I never thought someone could understand me so completely. lol

Use Ayn Rand’s writing as a (counter) example of “feminine” writing. My guess is your professor is not a fan, neither am I, but some Rand is great for this kind of thing.

Are you an English Major? If so, might want to gtfo of that if this upsets you…

[quote]PaddyM wrote:
Cool rant, bro.[/quote]

dont know why but ROFLMAO!

I suggest you write the essay about how the topic is BS, and how feminism has destroyed a great portion of the traditional family values and home/work/family balance.

Guaranteed A! You would have quite the sac if you did that.


Add this to the title of the essay…

or you could just shut up, do the assignment, and youd have been done already…

Women’s rights is a load of horse-shit. If they were true equals they wouldn’t have allowed themselves to be suppressed for so long. Men were stronger, men were smarter, men created the jobs… so men could hire whoever the fuck men wanted to hire. If women created the jobs they would’ve done the same thing.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
Women’s rights is a load of horse-shit. If they were true equals they wouldn’t have allowed themselves to be suppressed for so long. Men were stronger, men were smarter, men created the jobs… so men could hire whoever the fuck men wanted to hire. If women created the jobs they would’ve done the same thing.[/quote]
This is very true.

[quote] Spriont wrote:
For my introductory literature class, I have to write an essay about the unruly tongue, which is “a language that is empowering, maternal, and unique to women writers.” I respect that women had problems before, and that “men stifled women’s evolving literary voice,” but this is, to me, very uninteresting! Why don’t female professors realize that women’s history is interesting to only half the population! [/quote]

Yeah. Same thing with all those black people thinking anyone cares about how they found empowerment through their unique writing! Why don’t they realize that their history is only interesting to 13% of the population!

But I get it, you should only study things that are interesting and comfortable for you. No chance of growing intellectually - college is just for keg parties and that one time with that tranny that never happened.

Have you ever thought that the complaints just might be valid? I’m often irritated with certain branches of feminism, but you need to remember these are real people making sincere efforts to fix problems that they see.

And if you think your problems are in any way comparable to generations of oppression that western women have endured . . . you have a lot to learn.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
Women’s rights is a load of horse-shit. If they were true equals they wouldn’t have allowed themselves to be suppressed for so long. Men were stronger, men were smarter, men created the jobs… so men could hire whoever the fuck men wanted to hire. If women created the jobs they would’ve done the same thing. [/quote]

This is so ignorant it makes my head hurt. Do some reading about history and anthropology and you will quickly discover that men have not held a monopoly on military, economic, or political power at any time in history.

To return to my previous analogy "Black people shouldn’t have allowed themselves to be suppressed for so long. Slave owners were smarter, stronger . . . "

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:

[quote] Spriont wrote:
For my introductory literature class, I have to write an essay about the unruly tongue, which is “a language that is empowering, maternal, and unique to women writers.” I respect that women had problems before, and that “men stifled women’s evolving literary voice,” but this is, to me, very uninteresting! Why don’t female professors realize that women’s history is interesting to only half the population! [/quote]

Yeah. Same thing with all those black people thinking anyone cares about how they found empowerment through their unique writing! Why don’t they realize that their history is only interesting to 13% of the population!

But I get it, you should only study things that are interesting and comfortable for you. No chance of growing intellectually - college is just for keg parties and that one time with that tranny that never happened.

Have you ever thought that the complaints just might be valid? I’m often irritated with certain branches of feminism, but you need to remember these are real people making sincere efforts to fix problems that they see.

And if you think your problems are in any way comparable to generations of oppression that western women have endured . . . you have a lot to learn.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
Women’s rights is a load of horse-shit. If they were true equals they wouldn’t have allowed themselves to be suppressed for so long. Men were stronger, men were smarter, men created the jobs… so men could hire whoever the fuck men wanted to hire. If women created the jobs they would’ve done the same thing. [/quote]

This is so ignorant it makes my head hurt. Do some reading about history and anthropology and you will quickly discover that men have not held a monopoly on military, economic, or political power at any time in history.

To return to my previous analogy "Black people shouldn’t have allowed themselves to be suppressed for so long. Slave owners were smarter, stronger . . . "

What the hell is wrong with you guys?
[/quote]

Now you guys are just swinging the pendulum too hard.

You can acknowledge the wrongs of the past without feeling like we now need to overcompensate for it, by injecting the topic where it’s not necessary.

There’s no reason to turn an English Lit class into a “Why are there so few women on a typical English Lit syllabus.”

The situations you’re talking about: slavery, determined “roles” based on sex, exe. all have long an complex histories, with both good and bad reasons for why and how they came to be.

And you don’t have to be a misogynist/anti-woman (although a couple posters on this thread sound like they are) not to buy into the post-modern feminist narrative.

[quote]Spartiates wrote:

What the hell is wrong with you guys?
[/quote]

They are kidding around, trolling, or just not worth your time. This is what I have learned in my time at T-Nation.

I think sexism is a huge problem because it is so widely accepted.

Now don’t get me wrong, I had to take a womens studies class in college and I found it stupid, unscientific and wrong headed in its argument that there are no differences between the sexes but I also think womens way of thinking is an important balance to our stupid shit-kicking way.

Let me see if I can find the study that shows that women are MUCH better stock traders than men because they don’t get carried away on a victory high.

here:
A recent study by Digital Look, who analysed 100,000 portfolios, revealed that ordinary women investors, living all over the country and dealing in shares via the internet, telephone or investment clubs are consistently doing better than highly paid professionals in the city. During the period of the study the average female portfolio rose by 10% compared to just a 4% rise for the overall FTSE index and a 6% increase for that of the average man.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Women-Make-Better-Traders-and-Investors-Than-Men&id=520211

id talk about how the work place much have been much better when it was 95% men, now its just women getting paid to gossip and talk trash about other women behind their back, or abuse their authority with subordinates

Brant Drake, are you a troll? I heard about you guys!

[quote]Spriont wrote:
I respect that women had problems before, and that “men stifled women’s evolving literary voice,” but this is, to me, very uninteresting! Why don’t female professors realize that women’s history is interesting to only half the population!
[/quote]

Here’s your topic…

unruly tongue? sounds like a versatile oral technique that can be used for everything from licking a stamp to tossing salad

I really wonder sometimes about how people who get so bent out of shape over one assignment in one class manage to function in every day society.

Suck it up dude, it’s an essay for a 100-level class that will probably take you 2 hours to do. I’m sure this is a shock to you, but, occasionally in life you need to do undesirable things in order to have the capability to do what you want. It may also shock you, but universities also occasionally build material into the curriculum that you may not find interesting.