Stupid Doctor!

So I ended a cycle of test and masteron a couple weeks ago, and two weeks ago I had my cholesterol checked. While I was there the doctor (a new doctor, as I’m going to a new school this year) kept pushing me to get my testosterone levels checked.

He saw that I listed my HRT (100mg/wk Delatestryl, which is test E) and thought we should check up on that. I’m a larger guy and pretty young, so he probably thought it was unnecessary or some bullshit.

Anyway, I repeatedly told him that I had my testosterone levels taken care of through an endocrinologist, that I ONLY wanted cholesterol (no T, E, CBC, etc. which he was pushing for), and I finally told him that I had it checked at my previous school about four months ago and that it was fine.

So he tell me that is fine and that it’s up to me and that we’d do cholesterol. I go to the lab check-in and ask the nurse what the blood test is for and she replies that it is for cholesterol. I say okay, blah blah…

Come today I’m talking to the nurse for a routine blood pressure check and she asks me about the testosterone. I tell her that it wouldn’t cause any BP problems since it’s just an HRT dose. She proceeds to tell me that they did test for testosterone and that it came back something like 2400 on a reference range of 80-400. I am f-ing pissed at this point.

I tell her that I’ve been messing with my diet and some OTC supplements that could potentially alter my T levels during the test, and she just looks at me skeptically. So I tell her that I’ll make an appointment to get the levels rechecked to make sure nothing is wrong.

Perhaps P22 can help out here, as he works in a hospital, and any others please chime in. I repeatedly said I only wanted cholesterol checked and even asked the lab tech what the test was for, yet they tested for my T levels.

I’d imagine there’s something legal that says this shouldn’t have been done? I can also likely not prove anything as it’s somewhat he-said she-said bullshit. Can I get this lab test removed from my records?

I don’t give a shit if they know I’m using AAS, but for insurance purposes and HRT it looks really bad. It doesn’t matter much to try to say the levels were artificially altered, but it could help me get the lab removed from my record, at at least noted that the test would have been skewed. What supps or foods could potentially cause a high T reading in a blood test.

I’m completely open to suggestions, advice, and legal-knowhow of the medical system.

if all else fails i would make an appointment to see the doc. every time i go they put my medical records in the slot on or next to the door. you know you have a few minutes before the doc will be in. i would just grab that shit(test results, probably on top) and roll to the bathroom and dump it and go back like nothing happened.

then tell the nurse you have a family emergency and you have to leave now. they should just put your file back and may not notice the lacking results until the next time. they could just order another copy unless enough time had passed that the lab may have cleared your results from their system. the best you could hope for is a re test and an even more suspicious doctor.

I would get another doc someplace else, so they never open your file at that office again. their systems are so loose, i wouldnt be that suprised if you pulled it off.

good luck.

Not sure if this make sense or would get you into troubles but maybe you can tell them that you found some prohormones as you were cleaning your basement and decided to take them.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

It’s bullshit that they tested your T levels, I would be just as pissed.

I actually went to the doctor and asked for a T & cholesterol test there, and the first thing she asks is “Are you on steroids?”. I told her no, I just want to know my T levels.

She fills out the form, but only makes it for a cholesterol test.

Sorry I can offer no advice, just saying looks like we can have 2 extremes of the situation.

or how bout you make another appointment and then you take his pussyass up to the roof of the clinic where this took place at and you pick him up from his ankles and dangle him from the edge of the roof i think he’d be convinced it was the hrt then you’d both be even! you both infringed on each others will!

seriously though my girl is a er nurse and she tells me these “self-righteous” docs are always doing that shit wish i knew of something that could help you goodluck bro

I’m sure it wasn’t with malicious intent, but it can pose a problem for your HRT prescriptions.

From having 2 docs (GP’s) in the family, I can make an educated guess that the reason he did it was so he could bill it as a complete physical to your insurance or health care (if you are in canada) instead of just a regular check up. The difference is like 10 bucks for him but they are merciless with their billing.

How about talking to the doctor and tell him about the privacy he violated? Mention that he was expressly forbidden to perform this test. Consider bringing his actions up to the medical board.

He can fuck with you, you can fuck with him.

Good luck, Schwarz

[quote]JoeyD20 wrote:
I’m sure it wasn’t with malicious intent, but it can pose a problem for your HRT prescriptions.

From having 2 docs (GP’s) in the family, I can make an educated guess that the reason he did it was so he could bill it as a complete physical to your insurance or health care (if you are in canada) instead of just a regular check up. The difference is like 10 bucks for him but they are merciless with their billing.[/quote]
without malicious intent! i think loosing the trust and respect of a patient or “client” for a measly 10 bucks is pretty fucken malicious in my book some doctors loose sight of whats important and if that is the case in this situation then money is more important than his dignity and he does not respect his profession!

Go back and tell him you have issues with him testing you against your wishes for T levels. Maybe by then someone will inform you of how legal/ethical his actions were.

And if he did anything not legal/ethical, go back and tell him if he gives you your file, you will forget everything, and if he doesn’t comply, get a lawyer and follow up if it is that important to you.

You claim to be pretty young so maybe he is banking on you not to file a complaint. Call his bluff.

Kick his fucking ass!

Yep, check his actions with a lawyer. If he violated the law or broke rules then make him pay.

PS: Yes…I am biased about doctors in general.

Actually, he’s thought process must have been very simple.

Testosterone can mess up cholesterol levels, therefore having a cholesterol level without testosterone level in someone taking HRT can give an elevated reading with the adjustement needed being a reduction in HRT dose not diet/exercice or meds.

If you had been concerned about this issue, considering you were finishing a cycle, you simply should have gone to a private lab and paid for it, under a false name possibly (for insurrance purposes, not to get screwed later by elevated values).

Not in defence to your Doc’s actions, but he probably knew you weren’t on simply HRT and wanted interpretable results.

As to the billing issue, asking for tests/prescribing meds has no impact on billing (at least in Canada), the thourougness of questions and physical exam dictate billing (as well as psych counselling).

People might like to think docs are stupid and such, but they’ve seen hundreds of cases similar to this one (related to steroids, drugs or meds). The only difference between one guy who lets it go and one who argues and investigates is whether or not he still cares about being scammed.

AlexH.
Anyway, good luck with you problem.

When I was first having low t problems at 19 I asked my doc for a testosterone test. I got a big no and was tested for almost everything but t… or so I thought. I later found a HRT doc and found out my levels were in the low 300’s and all my other blood tests showed this.

The strange thing was that my original doctor was concerned about my development. So for all that time I could have been leading a more normal life like my peers, but my doctor screwed me out of it.

He could easily have had it ‘added’ onto the blood work later when you were gone.

Anyways this isn’t the end of the world, as one test doesn’t confirm anything. Next time you go in make sure your test is low and get another test done then.

And yes you can just say you were trying out some supplement at the time that a friend of yours gave you to use, and claim ignorance as to what exactly it was.

As long as the next time you get blood work done you it reads as normal again you should be o.k.

the only problem this might cause is your future prescriptions.

if you are worried about being “busted”, dont be. i dont think they can disclose your medical records to a third party.

BUT… FIND A NEW DOCTOR. find someone that doesnt take care of lots and lots of students. My OLD doctor at school here was a quack, so i found a new one that is primarily an “adult” doctor and treats patients that are into the late 20’s and 30’s. ask if you can become a patient there, or at least tell them your current doctor has been performing various misconducts.

i did that and it worked out well for me. I had pneumonia, and one of the doctors really close to my university which treats mostly students told me that i need to take more vitamin C. For a lot of “student” doctors, they tend to stereotype you and dont give you the respect you deserve.

[quote]youngguns516 wrote:

if you are worried about being “busted”, dont be. i dont think they can disclose your medical records to a third party.

[/quote]

They can and do give that information to insurers, which doesn’t mean he will be investigated by LE but there are other problems that go with it.

[quote]youngguns516 wrote:

BUT… FIND A NEW DOCTOR. find someone that doesnt take care of lots and lots of students. My OLD doctor at school here was a quack, so i found a new one that is primarily an “adult” doctor and treats patients that are into the late 20’s and 30’s. ask if you can become a patient there, or at least tell them your current doctor has been performing various misconducts.

i did that and it worked out well for me. I had pneumonia, and one of the doctors really close to my university which treats mostly students told me that i need to take more vitamin C. For a lot of “student” doctors, they tend to stereotype you and dont give you the respect you deserve.[/quote]

I completely dissagree with this. When we look at patients comming into the E.R. for example and notice for example that they have been prescribed schedualed drugs, the first thing we look at in their dispensing history to rule out abuse is how many different prescribing doctors they have.

Having multiple prescibing doctors is a red flag to abuse, and warrants further investigation.

Going to see another doctor just because you had a high result on your blood work is almost an admission of guilt.

Like I said before claim get your blood levels down again, and attribute the high result (if probed further) to ignorance -gees I don’t know how it could have been that high? -maybe it was an eroneous test - maybe I accidently overdosed? maybe I took something that could have made it higher?

basically stick to those stories and you’ll be fine.

In medicine no decisions are ever made based on one set of diagnostic findings (in blood test) usually the Doctor will want to see duplicate findings before making treatment decisions in regards to long term therapy.