Stupid Comments

I often browse other sites to see what they write about training programs, diets or supps. My new favorite stupid comment comes from weightlossinsider.org reviewing Warp Speed Fat Loss by Roussell and Cosgrove.

They state, “One of the primary authors, Alwyn Cosgrove, is a trainer of Olympic athletes, so he is obviously ill-equipped for training beginning athletes.” They obviously don’t know all of the clients that Cosgrove deals with.

Anyone ever read a comment from a training site that was so inaccurate that you never went back again?

ok…

i read that alwyn crossgrove doesn’t aprove of direct arm training because it only works for begginners and those that have taken serious time off from training.

talk about an idiot.

I think people invent shit sometimes, just to provide a platform for them to critique. As far as AC goes, its clear the authors themselves haven’t trained nearly to the degree of the person they are critiquing. I would train with AC any day.

I overheard a “trainer” at the gym telling an obese woman that lying leg curls would remove cellulite.

She must do 1/2 hour of them each day.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I think people invent shit sometimes, just to provide a platform for them to critique. As far as AC goes, its clear the authors themselves haven’t trained nearly to the degree of the person they are critiquing. I would train with AC any day.[/quote]

No I read that shit in his book and it was from his own mouth. I think his concepts are retarded and so is he.

Try hitting her.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
I think people invent shit sometimes, just to provide a platform for them to critique. As far as AC goes, its clear the authors themselves haven’t trained nearly to the degree of the person they are critiquing. I would train with AC any day.

No I read that shit in his book and it was from his own mouth. I think his concepts are retarded and so is he.[/quote]

He’s prolly great as far as rehab, martial arts and such are concerned, but should seriously consider not sticking his nose into areas where it doesn’t belong (bbing).

That’s the same problem that the vast majority of popular S&C coaches have.

I would probably listen to his rehab advice though,
if only I were injured :wink:

MaximusB wrote:

No I read that shit in his book and it was from his own mouth. I think his concepts are retarded and so is he.[/quote]

Son, your internet bravery comes across as silly. He’s too much a gentleman but he’d hand you your ass.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

No I read that shit in his book and it was from his own mouth. I think his concepts are retarded and so is he.

Son, your internet bravery comes across as silly. He’s too much a gentleman but he’d hand you your ass.[/quote]

I can’t take anyone serious who disregards arm training as useless and looks hardly trained himself.

jp_dubya wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

Son, your internet bravery comes across as silly. He’s too much a gentleman but he’d hand you your ass.

I can’t take anyone serious who disregards arm training as useless and looks hardly trained himself.[/quote]

I’m not sure, but I think his no direct arm training statement was not directed towards bodybuilders. I think it was a general statement directed towards people trying to lose weight. His philosophy is to get people to use the big movements to burn as many calories in a short amount of time.

The reason he looks hardly trained is because he’s had cancer…twice, and had to recover…twice.

[quote]sestvold wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

I can’t take anyone serious who disregards arm training as useless and looks hardly trained himself.

I’m not sure, but I think his no direct arm training statement was not directed towards bodybuilders. I think it was a general statement directed towards people trying to lose weight. His philosophy is to get people to use the big movements to burn as many calories in a short amount of time.

The reason he looks hardly trained is because he’s had cancer…twice, and had to recover…twice.[/quote]

well guess there are two sides to every story. i ddn’t know that. hopefully he is well.