Stupid Colds

I was wondering if anyone knew anything that can help prevent colds. I tend to get colds very easily, especially when the weather in Houston is constantly changing. The only thing I take right now is a multi-vitamin. Also is there anything I can do when I get the feeling like I am going to be sick?

Thanks any advice!

Avoid public places, especially where people are coughing and sneezing(when I went to see Transporter 3, everyone in the theater were coughing and sneezing, I thought I was going to get sick but luckily it didn’t happen). Wash your hands often, keep warm.

Oh yea and check out WEBMD:

I am rarely sick, despite often traveling on airplane with all those nasty, sick people coughing and sneezing.

Here is what I do:

Listen to Mom - wash your hands with soap and water.

Be like Howie - germaphobe Howie Mandel doesn’t shake people’s hands, he bumps fists. He won’t touch a doorknob or a light switch. I operate the faucet and open the door to a public bathroom with a paper towel.

I also take Superfood and Flameout everyday, along with Emerg-n-C.

If I think I am starting to get a cold or have been exposed to someone who is sick, I use one of those zinc nasal sprays and massive doses of vitamin C.

Stay hydrated.

Hope this helps…

Some may call bullshit, but glutamine seems to help me. I tend to get a lot less colds when I take it regularly.

When I first feel a cold coming on, using Zicam asap and exactly as directed (i.e. consistently) really seems to shorten the severity and length of it for me.

Lastly, I blast it with echinacea throat spray (my colds always start with a sore throat) regularly. This last one is definitely arguable, but I think it has an impact and I figure it can’t hurt.

I fucking hate colds.

[quote]aircal wrote:

Be like Howie - germaphobe Howie Mandel doesn’t shake people’s hands, he bumps fists. He won’t touch a doorknob or a light switch. I operate the faucet and open the door to a public bathroom with a paper towel.

[/quote]

Yea, I’m kind of a germaphobe myself… When I’m at a public bathroom, I do the same, haha.

Actually one of the dirtiest things that we own, are our cell phones… You can say that the cell phone is only as clean as its owner? Use a sanitary wipe and wipe your cell once in a while… Over Kill? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good personal hygiene and a healthy diet is probably your best bet.