Stunted Growth?

Hey! I’m going to be 19 in a month and noticed that i’m the same height as i was 2 years ago. I haven’t noticed any growth in height or width. Literally nothing. I was 125 lbs in 2015, bulked up to 165. I was always under eating. Can malnutrition be the cause of stunted height? I haven’t noticed any growth in 2 full years. It’s depressing …

Sure it’s possible… Are you the same height or taller than your parents? More than likely you probably hit your full height two year ago. I hit my full height at 15

3 Likes

I am 32 and haven’t grown in 18 years.

Eventually growth just stops.

4 Likes

I’m very close to my father’s height.

I stopped growing height wise at 18-19, that’s pretty normal.

1 Like

How tall are you?

1 Like

I’m slightly taller than 180 cm.

I’m 5’4", I stopped growing in high school by about 17 years old. My mom kept telling me I had one growth spurt left. That was 16 years ago…still waiting…

4 Likes

That’s taller than average (or average amongst white males of your age bracket)

If you’re depressed about this, you’re going to live in a constant state of depression.

4 Likes

I was roughly that height at 17. Topped out at 183 cm when I was about 20. Beard filled in around age 23. 600 deadlift at age 36.

One thing’s certain, growing WIDER is attainable. You just have to believe in yourself.

3 Likes

Fixed that for you :smile:

6 Likes

It definitely can, but there’s no reason to think it was the case in your situation.

^ So much this.

Dude, you’re nearly 6 feet tall. Get some perspective and try to stop looking for non-issues to complain about.

5 Likes

If you were malnourished you’d have other symptoms- like rickets, bone density issues, eye issues, dental issues, hair loss. Stunted growth is one of the last. Buy shoes with thick soles!

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies. I’m trying to get wider doing a lot of overhead pressing and lateral raises. I appreciate the replies.

Agree with Chris. If OP was malnourished, he would know that he was malnourished; it wouldn’t be a question.

I’m the shortest guy on my dad’s side of the family by 2 inches, and I’m 6’2". Male cousins are all 6’4"+, my uncle is 6’6", dad is 6’5", grandpa was 6’7", great grandpa was 6’5".

I’m kind of close to my father’s height like you are, but then again not really. I wasn’t malnourished, I know that for a fact, but I think we both just had some sort of blip in our genetic code that made us stop growing a year or two before our fathers did (my dad was growing through the first year of college, but I stopped growing during my sophomore year of high school)

1 Like

That’s no way to talk about your own mother!!

3 Likes

6’2 is awesome. Probably mother’s genes played a role.

1 Like

HAHAHAHA I actually laughed out loud at that one!

Agreed. For a while I was kind of salty about not being as tall as my dad (who wouldn’t want to be 6’5"?) but 6’2" is turning out to be the perfect height to be considered tall, but it isn’t tall enough where it really effects my ability to lift heavy weight (aka the tall guy curse)

1 Like

this thread is so confusing. You stopped growing at 17 years old, which is like 100% normal. You’ve put on 40 lbs in the last 3 years, so you’ve obviously gotten ‘wider’.

I fail to see the issue or reason for concern.

As a side note, it is possible to stop growing for awhile in the late teens, and grow significantly after that. Dennis Rodman grew 7 inches after the age of 18. He was about your height, and grew to 6’7 by the time he was like 20 or 21, from what I remember. HIGHLY unusual, but it happens.

3 Likes

Sadly though, our collarbones are pretty much set once we hit 18.

4 Likes