Stuff White People Like

It’s ok to make fun of white people.

they like jokes dont you know?

I just make fun of everyone, especially for stuff they can’t help. But since I’m a white Canadian I love to make fun of white Canadians for being white and Canadians. I call many of my fellow white Canadians pot-smoking commies. I love saying “fucking white people” when anyone of any color does anything silly. the confused looks are what I live for. Especially when I agree with soem native guy that says “fuckin’ whitey” and I go “yeah the white man is always fucking shit up eh?” It kills me.

That being said I also make slightly loud domestic abuse jokes with my girl friend in public places. So I might not be a good example of what is socially appropriate and what isn’t.

“that’s gonna get you a closed fist woman!”

It’s funny cause it’s not.

I’d say its more about having a sense of humor. If the racial pot shots aren’t malicious I’d say they do more to take the power away from racial words than hurt anyones feelings.

-chris

[quote]Otep wrote:
Chewie wrote:
Yeah, but I’m sure if someone made a list entitled “What Black People Like”, it would not be taken lightly. Moreover, I absolutely hate the way it is OK for everyone to make fun of white people and it is in bad taste to make fun of anyone else.

I used to feel the same way. Then I realized that white people really are a privelidged caste in America, and so it’s okay for people that aren’t white to take pot shots at me. I’m the one that owns a business and is getting the college degree.[/quote]

Damn, I know and work with so many white people that fall so neatly in so many of those categories. Of course I work in the media, and the thing about the left-winger, sensitive mainstream media is so true.

and there is a companion blog, Stuff Educated Black People Like.

* #95 Rugby
* #94 Free Healthcare
* #93 Music Piracy
* #87 Outdoor Performance Clothes
* #86 Shorts
* #85 The Wire
* #84 T-Shirts
* #82 Hating Corporations
* #75 Threatening to Move to Canada
* #72 Study Abroad
* #69 Mos Def
* #65 Co-Ed Sports
* #64 Recycling
* #63 Expensive Sandwiches
* #48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops
* #47 Arts Degrees
* #45 Asian Fusion Food
* #44 Public Radio
* #42 Sushi
* #38 Arrested Development
* #36 Breakfast Places
* #35 The Daily Show/Colbert report
* #33 Marijuana
* #28 Not having a TV
* #24 Wine
* #23 Microbreweries
* #19 Traveling
* #18 Awareness
* #15 Yoga
* #14 Having Black Friends
* #13 Tea
* #12 Non-Profit Organizations
* #11 Asian Girls
* #8 Barack Obama
* #7 Diversity
* #6 Organic Food
* #5 Farmer�??s Markets
* #3 Film Festivals
* #1 Coffee

Most of this crap is just generally good stuff for anyone to like. the blogger has essentially picked a bunch of stuff that’s popular for almost anyone and written it down. I know natives and asians that like all this crap too. It’s just generally popular crap.

Like recycling. Why the fuck wouldn’t anyone of any color recycle? Or t shirts. I suppose I never see a black dude or an asian guy rollin in a t shirt.

I bet i could pick 99 other random popular things and a random ethnicity and get the same result.

And what about the stuff that non-yuppies like? Most of this stuff seems to be derived from yuppie culture. Hillbillies like trucks, Nascar, fake tits, beer in cans and football. Then again I know east indian guys like that too so… fucking white people blogging.

-chris

[quote]Avocado wrote:

Most of this crap is just generally good stuff for anyone to like. 

-chris[/quote]

Clearly, someone is a honky.

I think some people on here have trouble taking a joke?

[quote]Chewie wrote:
jtrinsey wrote:
That site is hilarious. The best part about it is you laugh because you think it’s describing other white people and then you’re like, “Shit… I do think I can bring about a change in season by wearing shorts as soon as it starts to get slightly warm.”

Great blog, IMO.

Yeah, but I’m sure if someone made a list entitled “What Black People Like”, it would not be taken lightly. Moreover, I absolutely hate the way it is OK for everyone to make fun of white people and it is in bad taste to make fun of anyone else.

[/quote]

Agreed; but I do like asian chicks - they are like crash dummies for sex.

[quote]Avocado wrote:
It’s ok to make fun of white people.

they like jokes dont you know?

I just make fun of everyone, especially for stuff they can’t help. But since I’m a white Canadian I love to make fun of white Canadians for being white and Canadians. I call many of my fellow white Canadians pot-smoking commies. I love saying “fucking white people” when anyone of any color does anything silly. the confused looks are what I live for. Especially when I agree with soem native guy that says “fuckin’ whitey” and I go “yeah the white man is always fucking shit up eh?” It kills me.

That being said I also make slightly loud domestic abuse jokes with my girl friend in public places. So I might not be a good example of what is socially appropriate and what isn’t.

“that’s gonna get you a closed fist woman!”

It’s funny cause it’s not.

I’d say its more about having a sense of humor. If the racial pot shots aren’t malicious I’d say they do more to take the power away from racial words than hurt anyones feelings.

-chris
[/quote]

Scary, I think we have the same misunderstood sense of humor. You think other people should be getting the joke, but they don’t and we’re mostly amusing ourselves. But that’s ok, the average person amuses me greatly.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves!!! To proclaim that you know what the general white population likes, and not even touch upon the 80’s??? Tsk tsk tsk!! Come on!!! From tight-rolling jeans, to NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!! I’m sorely disappointed in you guys!

I don’t like asian women, give me a hot Latin or Italian(with blue eyes) any day.

We can make T-Nation “exhibit A” for this.

I’m not even gonna’ touch that one (wouldn’t even know where to start), but that had me absolutely rolling on the fucking floor in hysterics!!

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
I’m not even gonna’ touch that one (wouldn’t even know where to start), but that had me absolutely rolling on the fucking floor in hysterics!![/quote]

Ditto!

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[/quote]

When that expression makes it into the modern venacular, I want full credit.

[quote]Chewie wrote:

[/quote]

Since the internet is a pretty anonymous way to communicate, I think “What Black People Like” probably would have been tolerated.
This “Stuff White People Like” doesn’t attack white people for bad things other people who happen to be white have done.

Sure, a “Stuff Black People Like” wouldn’t be taken well if the list had Crack, Welfare, and other bad stereotypes but it probably would have been accepted if the list contained things like “The Jeffersons” and “Baggy Jeans.”

You could have also put up a “Stuff White People Like” list that included serial killers, Christian fanaticism, and other bad stereotypes about whites.

But even if the “Stuff Black People Like” was done in the most racist way possible or done in a somewhat tasteful way, it still wouldn’t be as funny as “Stuff White People Like” no matter what your views are. The “Stuff White People Like” is new and kind of refreshing. I’m tired of people making fun of black, asian, and latino stereotypes because the joke is old. But making fun of how predictable white people are is a new, funny joke. Think about it: all the people you know who own “Performance Outdoor Aparrel” who only step outside to get in their car. (They’re white)

Expensive sandwiches are an abomination in the eyes of God.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Since the internet is a pretty anonymous way to communicate, I think “What Black People Like” probably would have been tolerated.
This “Stuff White People Like” doesn’t attack white people for bad things other people who happen to be white have done.

Sure, a “Stuff Black People Like” wouldn’t be taken well if the list had Crack, Welfare, and other bad stereotypes but it probably would have been accepted if the list contained things like “The Jeffersons” and “Baggy Jeans.”

You could have also put up a “Stuff White People Like” list that included serial killers, Christian fanaticism, and other bad stereotypes about whites.

But even if the “Stuff Black People Like” was done in the most racist way possible or done in a somewhat tasteful way, it still wouldn’t be as funny as “Stuff White People Like” no matter what your views are. The “Stuff White People Like” is new and kind of refreshing. I’m tired of people making fun of black, asian, and latino stereotypes because the joke is old. But making fun of how predictable white people are is a new, funny joke. Think about it: all the people you know who own “Performance Outdoor Aparrel” who only step outside to get in their car. (They’re white)[/quote]

Totally agree, FS.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Chewie wrote:

But even if the “Stuff Black People Like” was done in the most racist way possible or done in a somewhat tasteful way, it still wouldn’t be as funny as “Stuff White People Like” no matter what your views are. The “Stuff White People Like” is new and kind of refreshing. I’m tired of people making fun of black, asian, and latino stereotypes because the joke is old. But making fun of how predictable white people are is a new, funny joke. Think about it: all the people you know who own “Performance Outdoor Aparrel” who only step outside to get in their car. (They’re white)[/quote]

Nonsense, black comedians have been doing this for years. It’s old too.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Damici wrote:
I’m not even gonna’ touch that one (wouldn’t even know where to start), but that had me absolutely rolling on the fucking floor in hysterics!!

Ditto!

TheBodyGuard wrote:

[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Chewie wrote:

I used to feel the same way. Then I realized that white people really are a privelidged caste in America, and so it’s okay for people that aren’t white to take pot shots at me. I’m the one that owns a business and is getting the college degree.[/quote]

Is that a Brujah or a Gangrel you got going on for your avatar?

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Avocado wrote:

Most of this crap is just generally good stuff for anyone to like. 

-chris

Clearly, someone is a honky. [/quote]

well played sir.

but you know damn well that there are few people who have seen arrested development that do not like it.

It’s fact jack.

peace cracka’

-chris