Studying to Become a Personal Trainer

i have the ace home study program. i have finished all the materials and feel pretty confident i could pass the test! i have also read other books for example THE PERSONAL TRAINERS HANDBOOK. (by Teri S. Obrien)

i love to exercise and to eat right also! i know that you need a mixture of cardi, strength, and flexability training to improve and maintain health.

BUT, i still dont feel like i know enough! does any one have any suggestions about other info i could check out. mabye some extra tips?

[quote]b_to_the_runs06 wrote:
i have the ace home study program. i have finished all the materials and feel pretty confident i could pass the test! i have also read other books for example THE PERSONAL TRAINERS HANDBOOK. (by Teri S. Obrien)

i love to exercise and to eat right also! i know that you need a mixture of cardi, strength, and flexability training to improve and maintain health.

BUT, i still dont feel like i know enough! does any one have any suggestions about other info i could check out. mabye some extra tips?[/quote]

seriously , getting hands on is the best experience and makes a great trainer .
Ive seen heaps of p.t’s who come out of school with all these gay trends, and base their philosophys on bosu balls and swiss ball only.

Dude if you train hard and are in shape ( if thats your avi) you will be sweet.

Remember most of your clients will either be fat or wanna get big, leaving the other small portion to be made up of rehab from injury clients , elderly folk with proprioception issues or basic fitness improvement.

imo everything you learn is another tool for your toolbox ,and its impossible to know all, good luck with your career, and tests.

I would suggest getting more than one certification. That way you it looks better on your resume and gives you different perspectives from the different certifications. ACSM is another good one.

You have a reverse tramp stamp.

[quote]Artem wrote:
You have a reverse tramp stamp.[/quote]

2x.

It all comes with experience. I would stay away from commerical gyms if possible. You may have to start there but learn what you can and move on.

Think about doing bootcamp style stuff at free locations like parks. No overhead, small cost of equipment, bodyweight exercise, and running. Most people you get will be beginners unless you are a specialty site.

You have to think outside the box to be a good trainer especially if you don’t want a company taking 60% of your price.