Study Says HGH Doesnt Work!?

Apparently, hgh doesnt increase athletic ability.

Sounds bs to me, someone elaborate?

[quote]ahzaz wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23677433/

Sounds bs to me, someone elaborate?[/quote]

No offense, kid, but do some of you really fall for stuff like this so easily? All someone has to do is come up with a catchy title for an article (regardless of what is IN the article) and you all just run with it? I don’t want to stop you from doing research and I know that you are one of the younger members here, but it is never too early to learn about bullshit.

This was also included in that article:

This statement makes little sense. Added muscle usually comes with added strength. Only on some websites where the discussion falls into “relative strength” do people try to act like the two don’t go hand in hand. Trust me, they do.

Also:

So, wait a second, this study doesn’t really test performance well…they didn’t test anyone on the amounts that athletes are supposed to actually be taking…but they just claimed that it doesn’t appear to improve strength or work capacity?

That makes no sense. If they can’t test it well in that regard, how can someone come to that conclusion?

This is the most poorly written article I’ve seen…in days.

Finally…and this is where the meat is apparently:

[quote]They analyzed 27 studies involving 440 participants. The results were released Monday by the Annals of Internal Medicine.

Researchers found that those who got the hormone put on about 5 pounds more of muscle, and lost about 2 pounds more of fat, although the fat loss wasn’t statistically different. The researchers said some of the extra body mass could just be fluid buildup.

There was no difference found in strength or exercise stamina between the two groups, but there were only two strength studies and eight that measured exercise. Those who got the hormone had more side effects including swelling and fatigue.

The review couldn’t consider long-term effects, since the longest study was three months, and most were much shorter.[/quote]

So, based on studies that were all LESS than three months long…studies that could not test performance well…studies that did not use anywhere near the dosages that athletes are actually using…and studies that showed a gain of about 5lbs more muscle mass, they concluded that there is no benefit and no effect on performance?

Does this make sense to anyone?

They threw in Clemens, Mitchell and baseball all to give this some relevance…and it actually worked since you, and likely many others, will simply skim the headline without analyzing a damn thing that was actually mentioned in the article.

If we as a species are still that gullible in 2008, I really don’t have much hope.

I don’t know how any supplement could increase athletic ability, that is neuromuscular performance. Steroids and hgh, are aimed at increasing your physique, if you are going to get better at athletics, well, that is on you.

If it makes you lose fat, build muscle, and strengths your joints, and bones…it may give you quite an advantage if applied correctly.

But athletic ability does not start at the body, it starts at the brain.

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
I don’t know how any supplement could increase athletic ability, that is neuromuscular performance. Steroids and hgh, are aimed at increasing your physique, if you are going to get better at athletics, well, that is on you.

If it makes you lose fat, build muscle, and strengths your joints, and bones…it may give you quite an advantage if applied correctly.[/quote]

100% percent agree with you brother

is increased strength, stamina, agility and speed not the same as increased athletic ability?

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
I don’t know how any supplement could increase athletic ability, [/quote]

ahzaz is 14. What’s your excuse?

When De La Hoya fought Vargas, Vargas was juiced out the gills.

Vargas was stronger and more aggressive, physically more powerful, but he lost, clearly lost to De La Hoya.

Obviously, De La Hoya’s edge was more in his connection from his brain through his nervous system to his body, and not, from his body through his nervous to his brain.

No supp can make you better at athletics, I don’t know how it could.

Are you saying if De La Hoya were stronger and more powerful, he wouldn’t be any better a fighter than he is now?

Possibly, he might.

There also some downsides tho, perhaps, the added aggression in that high intensity situation might fuck his game up.

You ever seen some roid tard like Tim Sylvia, wailing away at some idiot?

Ya, real class act, that guy.

De La Hoya’s athletic ability springs from his brain, not from the chemicals he puts in his body.

He probably avoids roids because he had a fine tuned game going already, and learning how to react under pressure with multiplicatively larger testerone levels may not benefit him.

I’m not saying, added strength wouldn’t be of some benefit, but we’re talking supplements here.

There are plenty of people genetically stronger, than the average bear, many of them boxer’s who De La Hoya has fought, who got their ass cleared.

If it was all about being a shaved ape, then neanderthals would still be on top right?

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
No supp can make you better at athletics, I don’t know how it could.[/quote]

Right, so athletes just take them because they taste like candy? And they’re banned in athletic events only because they produce competition with the supplements the Olympics sell I bet.

Also, neanderthals stood at 5’5 at the most, had larger brain cases than we do, and whether or not they died out is debatable.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:

Sounds bs to me, someone elaborate?[/quote]

“They” said the same thing about steroids. Studies are flawed.

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
When De La Hoya fought Vargas, Vargas was juiced out the gills.

Vargas was stronger and more aggressive, physically more powerful, but he lost, clearly lost to De La Hoya.

Obviously, De La Hoya’s edge was more in his connection from his brain through his nervous system to his body, and not, from his body through his nervous to his brain.

No supp can make you better at athletics, I don’t know how it could.[/quote]

You get dumber every day.

[quote]Sikkario wrote:

If it makes you lose fat, build muscle, and strengths your joints, and bones…it may give you quite an advantage if applied correctly.

But athletic ability does not start at the body, it starts at the brain.[/quote]

Don’t confuse attributes with skill. If I was stronger and larger than De La Hoya then I would still get my ass beat due to his skill (but I would most likely look better in drag). However overall athletic ability is a combination of attributes, some that can be improved upon (strength, coordination, speed, etc) and skill (learning how best to apply those attributes to a specific sport).

Saying HgH doesn’t work, but does increase muscle mass and but doesn’t increase strength is a little silly. But, powerlifters I know who have used don’t real like HgH for strength gains. They say it doesn’t work as well as other substances.

Of course, not work as well doesn’t mean doesn’t do anything for strength. I also doubt these folk trained like Chuck Vogelpuhl or Andy Bolton.

One guy told me it made his dick bigger seriously. But after that he said it didn’t do crap.

And I didn’t ask him for proof, hahaha!

[quote]Sikkario wrote:

But athletic ability does not start at the body, it starts at the brain.[/quote]

For the record, Power Drive has an awesome affect on your nervous system regarding athletics.

Secondly, you’re an idiot.

I vote to ban Sikkario forever.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Sikkario wrote:

But athletic ability does not start at the body, it starts at the brain.

For the record, Power Drive has an awesome affect on your nervous system regarding athletics.

Secondly, you’re an idiot.[/quote]

You know, in another thread he started I said he was an idiot afterall without even reading this, hahaha!

First 15" arms that are supposedly “18”, now this?

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
I vote to ban Sikkario forever.[/quote]

He can stay if he promises to use a less retarded avatar.
And posts less. A lot.

[quote]electric_eales wrote:
is increased strength, stamina, agility and speed not the same as increased athletic ability?

[/quote]

Yes, they are. It is ludicrous when people try to say steroids don’t give you a big edge. It is true that steroids won’t provide innate athletic talent where none exist. But strength, stamina, agility, and speed are big parts of most every sport though not the sole important things to excelling.