Study - Marijuana Shows E Activity

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
YES! Marijuana must boost testosterone. That would explain why pot heads are always so keen to play sports and have sex, and not sit on the couch and eat chips…

Drumroll[/quote]

I got your sarcastic tone, but a big fallacy in your whole observation is the NBA.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Why did they use a crude extract? Would they get the same results if smoked? Why did they use Rats?[/quote]

Crude extract may have been used to make sure THC was pure, legit and uncontaminated.

Yea, probably similar results if smoked.

Rats are often used in studies as they make studies more cost friendly.

Alcohol is probably an even more potent pro-estrogen anti - testosterone chemical.

THC does have value to aid in chronic pain, as most painkillers are pro estrogenic and anti testosterone anyways.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
DanErickson wrote:
YES! Marijuana must boost testosterone. That would explain why pot heads are always so keen to play sports and have sex, and not sit on the couch and eat chips…

Drumroll

I got your sarcastic tone, but a big fallacy in your whole observation is the NBA.[/quote]

The naturally high T levels most pro athletes have help temporarily offset their usually unhealthy lifestyles.

Doesn’t take a genius to figure that out LOL.

[quote]plymouth city wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Why did they use a crude extract? Would they get the same results if smoked? Why did they use Rats?

Crude extract may have been used to make sure THC was pure, legit and uncontaminated.

Yea, probably similar results if smoked.

Rats are often used in studies as they make studies more cost friendly.

Alcohol is probably an even more potent pro-estrogen anti - testosterone chemical.

THC does have value to aid in chronic pain, as most painkillers are pro estrogenic and anti testosterone anyways. [/quote]

I am not an expert but I thought the study was about marijuana. I would think the biggest cost on a study like that would be lab costs. I think there is an abundance of pure marijuana that has been farmed in California with an abundance of people that would participate in a study.

I believe you would be back to lab costs. Blood work of urine tests would give you all the info you need. I googled THC micrograms to get high and they say for 165 lbs person 750 micro grams would do the job. The study used 1000 for a rat. That rate per lbs might kill a person

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Why did they use a crude extract? Would they get the same results if smoked? Why did they use Rats?[/quote]

Thank you for being one of the first who realizes that this does not mean we take it and apply it directly to humans. “Crude extract” should be examined.

The study doesn’t really apply to human consumption. How serious much would a study that used a “crude extract” of caffine on rats impact how you drink coffee or Coke?

I know it’s nearly impossible to do actual marijuana research on humans with strict US regulations, but that doesn’t mean that we base conclusions off of sub-par methodologies. Better to say nothing instead of extrapolating studies on rats using “crude” materials.

I just read it and the effects of the “crude extract” were NOT observed with THC. Looks like they were studying something else entirely, these results have almost no implication for marijuana smoking- the weren’t studying what they thought they were.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
I just read it and the effects of the “crude extract” were NOT observed with THC. Looks like they were studying something else entirely, these results have almost no implication for marijuana smoking- the weren’t studying what they thought they were.[/quote]

Reread that, it’s PURE THC. Meaning, if you smoke it in a joint/blunt, you may get estrogenic effects, however, you may not. Rats aren’t humans and the dose is way too high.

Also, this seems to say if you use a vaporizer, you won’t get these effects, even in rats.