Study - Marijuana Shows E Activity

Not sure if this has been posted before. PubMed study showing a direct link between marijuana and estrogen like activity

Marijuana extracts possess the effects like the endocrine disrupting chemicals.Watanabe K, Motoya E, Matsuzawa N, Funahashi T, Kimura T, Matsunaga T, Arizono K, Yamamoto I.
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Ho-3 Kanagawa-machi, Kanazawa 920-1181, Japan. k-watanabe@hokuriku-u.ac.jp

The progesterone 17alpha-hydroxylase activity, which is one of the steroidogenic enzymes in rat testis microsomes, was significantly inhibited by crude marijuana extracts from Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)- and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)-strains. Delta(9)-Tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol also inhibited the enzymatic activity with relatively higher concentration (100-1000 microM).

Testosterone 6beta- and 16alpha-hydroxylase activities together with androstenedione formation from testosterone in rat liver microsomes were also significantly inhibited by the crude marijuana extracts and the cannabinoids.

Crude marijuana extracts (1 and 10 microg/ml) of THCA strain stimulated the proliferation of MCF-7 cells, although the purified cannabinoids (THC, CBD and CBN) did not show significant effects, such as the extract at the concentration of 0.01-1000 nM.

These results indicate that there are some metabolic interactions between cannabinoid and steroid metabolism and that the constituents showing estrogen-like activity exist in marijuana.
PMID: 15588936 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

don’t mean to steal your thunder or anything, but does anyone know how come you don’t get stoned the first time you try it??

I always knew marijuana is the reason I am so damn jacked!

[quote]F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:
don’t mean to steal your thunder or anything, but does anyone know how come you don’t get stoned the first time you try it??[/quote]

I believe it to be a wives tale; I did not get high the second time I smoked. I believe that to be because it wasn?t very good:)

the article is over my head , I would be interested in what it really means, if anything.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
the article is over my head , I would be interested in what it really means, if anything.[/quote]

In a nutsack, it’s saying that pot does inhibit the production of testosterone, allowing estrogen to exaggerate it’s effects.

don’t mean to steal your thunder or anything, but does anyone know how come you don’t get stoned the first time you try it??[/quote]

I’ve always assumed it was because first time smokers don’t know how to inhale properly (getting it into their lungs and so forth).

I used to smoke cigarettes (before weed), and, when I did smoke pot, I got high the first time. My friend, who had never smoked anything before, didn’t.

You know something’s awry when junkies skip pets to, snif, ‘save the trees’.

[quote]conner wrote:
F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:
don’t mean to steal your thunder or anything, but does anyone know how come you don’t get stoned the first time you try it??

I’ve always assumed it was because first time smokers don’t know how to inhale properly (getting it into their lungs and so forth).

I used to smoke cigarettes (before weed), and, when I did smoke pot, I got high the first time. My friend, who had never smoked anything before, didn’t.[/quote]

This is true, I didn’t get high the first 2 times I smoked and I’m sure that it was because I wasn’t inhaling properly. Watch someone when they first smoke and you can tell that they are just mouth smoking.

Actually its said because most people dont know what a high feels like, so they assume they are not high when in all actuallity they are. oh and not inhaling can cause it too.

How about this-

First timers don’t know that they are stoned because they have never been stoned. How could you know if you’re stoned if you’ve never been?

I allways thought that it was funny when someone would get completely gorked and not even realize it, partly because they were in fact, completely gorked.

On the other hand, the second time, they have that “AH HA!” moment when they realize that they are stoned.
How could they know they are stoned the second time if they weren’t stoned the first time?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:

How about this-

First timers don’t know that they are stoned because they have never been stoned. How could you know if you’re stoned if you’ve never been?

I allways thought that it was funny when someone would get completely gorked and not even realize it, partly because they were in fact, completely gorked.

On the other hand, the second time, they have that “AH HA!” moment when they realize that they are stoned.
How could they know they are stoned the second time if they weren’t stoned the first time?

[/quote]

Because they would realize they don’t feel ‘normal’. If you’re unable to complete sentences or stop laughting, you realize it. I didn’t get stoned the first time I smoked and didn’t feel any different than I usually did.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:

How about this-

[/quote]

This is to say that stoners know what being high feels like? Last stoner at whom I directed this question couldn’t even recall the feeling (after having smoked upon rising that morning, eight hours ago.) LOL.

You don’t get high the first time because part of the chemicals involved in the process of getting high are not in your body when you first smoke.

Once you smoke, whatever the missing link is to getting high is now in your body so the next time you are able to get high.

I didn’t explain it that well and don’t know the names of everything, but that is why you won’t get high the first time.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I always knew marijuana is the reason I am so damn jacked! [/quote]

Uh, correct me if I’m wrong here, but estrogen in your body would make you less jacked.

[quote]FateGT wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
I always knew marijuana is the reason I am so damn jacked!

Uh, correct me if I’m wrong here, but estrogen in your body would make you less jacked.
[/quote]

You’re wrong!

last I checked booze does a similar thing.

Take that stoners ,I always knew theres a link that explains why soy hippies\vegiterians are so simmilar to the stoners

on the other side , I know a stoner who did 4 one arm pullups on his first attempt at PULLUPS , and hes out of shape…

Why did they use a crude extract? Would they get the same results if smoked? Why did they use Rats?

YES! Marijuana must boost testosterone. That would explain why pot heads are always so keen to play sports and have sex, and not sit on the couch and eat chips…

Drumroll