T Nation

Student Gear and Usage

If you happen to leave your cooking utilities in the kitchen (mainly your pot for oatmeal) don’t go around shouting “Who stole my pot?” after it gets stolen. I did that once and it earned me quite a few funny looks.

That’s cool man, good to see. I lived in a frat house and it was very tough to get by. The best thing about living in that place was our cook, she was an awsome lady. I would get up every morning around 7 when she got there and cook eggs. It got to the point where she was ordering more eggs on the account just to feed me! She made some badass food as well, I miss her alot. Anywho, congrats on keeping your shit together. My only suggestion, make sure your having some fun. Booze once in a while, and take advantage of all the girls. Keep pounding away.

i can assure you my halls room looked nothing like this.

clothes, beer and a set of technics, mixer and 400 records, alarm clock beer, headphones, stereo, beer.

did i mention beer.

I am impressed. i had better sort my life out.

severian:

I get my veggies in the dining hall and then I check to see if they have any decent protein. If not, I head back up to my room to grill some meat or a protein shake if I’m pressed for time.

I still may get one of those, sounds like it is pretty nifty.

-Get Lifted

proteinpowda-

Yeah that is funny… LOL

Check this out… Some sprog broke my precious 15 dollar microwave which I don’t know who it was…

Every day I had to go next door to use someone elses in the hall. LOL

I didn’t want to keep doing this so through trial and error I figured out that one button on the microwave still worked on one condition. That condition was; I would have to unplug/replug it each time I used it. I took an extra surge protector that I had and figured that I could use the switch instead of unplugging the microwave every time I had to use it.

It is funny though, the button that works is an automatic popcorn button that is set for 4:30 seconds and I got to stand there and watch it otherwise the water will explode all over the place…

Yeah, it seems like if a bowl is missing or some shmuck has been snacking on your polyunsaturated walnuts! you do start to get some wierd looks when you start asking firm questions that otherwise people would care less about…

-Get Lifted

A couple other things as well:

Have some Zicam, Airborne, and Echineasea on hand.

You and your roommate funnel all the germs from college into your rooom. If either of you get sick, you are 99% likely to get the same. You share the same fate so it would be nice if both of you could be conscious about this.

Also a roomate is handy if he has a digital camera to actually capture our native habitat! LOL

Also, if you play sports and are cutting around a lot. Grab some “Miracle foot repair” and rub it on after you get out of the shower and when you go to sleep. My feet remain silky smooth even though I see guys with blisters, corns, toe nails being ripped off and other odd foot issues.

Since we are on the subjects of feet. HAVE some athletes foot cream close by. You do share the same shower with 4 other people and I promise you… you will get it at least 5 times while you up at school; whether you are paying attention or not.

-Get Lifted

Maybe some more pictures later…

[quote]Get Lifted wrote:
severian:

I get my veggies in the dining hall and then I check to see if they have any decent protein. If not, I head back up to my room to grill some meat or a protein shake if I’m pressed for time.

I still may get one of those, sounds like it is pretty nifty.

-Get Lifted[/quote]

I’ve got one of the Black and Decker steamers, you can do veggies, rice, and meats.

La’
Redsol1

I hope you clean the bathroom well before you cook your food in it.

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
Booze once in a while, and take advantage of all the girls. Keep pounding away.[/quote]

Brilliant!

I am going to the health fare next week for a free blood work screening. I got some advice from an RD to go there and she plans on giving students a break for the screening so some of us are making it a field trip.

I am getting pretty excited about that. She also plans to give us a recipe for an energy bar two of them created.

Very nice people…

-Get Lifted