Student Booted for Romney Shirt

Good heavens. What kind of self-respecting teacher behaves like this?

It happens more often than people think. Politically charged teachers make judgements on students all the time when their view doesn’t line up with theirs. I think this is stupid.

Teacher jobless yet?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Teacher jobless yet?[/quote]

Hope so.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Teacher jobless yet?[/quote]

Hope so.[/quote]

I doubt she will be. Depends on the area, but she will be reprimanded and continue to be employed.

I wonder when the ACLU shows up to sue.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
“Compared to the KKK?”

That’s quite a stretch, no?[/quote]Absolutely no stretch at all. KKK members have daughters too. I hear they also drive cars. No difference whatsoever.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I wonder when the ACLU shows up to sue. [/quote]When hell freezes over.

My daughter had a high school science report returned to her that had a personal note from the teacher stating that something she included mentioning god was unacceptable. He told her she would be hard pressed to find ANY credible scientists that believed in god.

He got an earful.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

Good heavens. What kind of self-respecting teacher behaves like this? [/quote]

[quote]conservativedog wrote:
My daughter had a high school science report returned to her that had a personal note from the teacher stating that something she included mentioning god was unacceptable. He told her she would be hard pressed to find ANY credible scientists that believed in god.

He got an earful.[/quote]

That teacher was right, no science report in a high school should have any mention of God.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

That teacher was right, no science report in a high school should have any mention of God.[/quote]

I was going to say the same thing. Assuming that this high school science class wasn’t launching into some nuanced Cartesian proof of God, the teacher was dead right.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

That teacher was right, no science report in a high school should have any mention of God.[/quote]

My point to the teacher was made that he had no credible evidence to base his statement that there were not credible scientists that believe in god.

There are a number of very good DVD’s available that point out the fiction taught in school science and exposes just how much faith must be had to believe some of the theory not fact taught in school today.

How is it that this generation is so special and highly anointed that it gets to choose what is torn down when so many past generations revered these same things and turned away from things that are today put on a pedestal?

How is it that any mention of god at all is feared in public education when the founders of public school made the Bible one it’s first required readings? I guess they were all just dumber than a bag of hammers when they were forming this Republic called America.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

My point to the teacher was made that he had no credible evidence to base his statement that there were not credible scientists that believe in god.

There are a number of very good DVD’s available that point out the fiction taught in school science and exposes just how much faith must be had to believe some of the theory not fact taught in school today.

How is it that this generation is so special and highly anointed that it gets to choose what is torn down when so many past generations revered these same things and turned away from things that are today put on a pedestal?

How is it that any mention of god at all is feared in public education when the founders of public school made the Bible one it’s first required readings? I guess they were all just dumber than a bag of hammers when they were forming this Republic called America. [/quote]

Hard pressed to find a credible scientist that believes in God? Actually, he’s right there too.

This makes me sad.

Why do we have to make everything a church/state debate? This is about a teacher who should control herself.

My thought is this: does a fifteen year old understand enough about what is going on to make a decision between presidential candidates one way or another? I know she can’t vote, but are her parents using her as a billboard?

I know when I was her age I still just believed what my parents believed as far as politics are concerned.

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

My thought is this: does a fifteen year old understand enough about what is going on to make a decision between presidential candidates one way or another?

[/quote]

Some do, most don’t.

Maybe. But that has nothing to do with anything.

[quote]
I know when I was her age I still just believed what my parents believed as far as politics are concerned. [/quote]

Not me. They were my formative years.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

My thought is this: does a fifteen year old understand enough about what is going on to make a decision between presidential candidates one way or another?

[/quote]

Some do, most don’t.

Maybe. But that has nothing to do with anything.

[quote]
I know when I was her age I still just believed what my parents believed as far as politics are concerned. [/quote]

Not me. They were my formative years.[/quote]

True. I guess it doesn’t have much to do with the topic at hand. What made that particular age important for you as far as thinking in terms of politics/social awareness?

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

True. I guess it doesn’t have much to do with the topic at hand. What made that particular age important for you as far as thinking in terms of politics/social awareness?[/quote]

Firstly, I found myself in disagreement with a lot of people I knew - friends and family. I couldn’t understand why they believed certain things or took certain positions. I was becomming politically aware. I also began to read a great deal of history.

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

True. I guess it doesn’t have much to do with the topic at hand.[/quote]

My point was that even if the parents are using their kid as a billboard the teacher has no right to interfere.

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

My thought is this: does a fifteen year old understand enough about what is going on to make a decision between presidential candidates one way or another? I know she can’t vote, but are her parents using her as a billboard?

My thought is this: does a fifteen year old understand enough about what is going on to make a decision between movies to see one way or another? I know she can’t buy tickets to R rated movies, but are her parents using her as a billboard?

I know when I was her age I still just believed what my parents believed as far as what movies were good or not was are concerned.

Do you still feel the same?

15 is certainly old enough to have your own feelings about politics for a lot of kids. I don’t think you are giving a 15 year old enough credit

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

My thought is this: does a fifteen year old understand enough about what is going on to make a decision between movies to see one way or another? I know she can’t buy tickets to R rated movies, but are her parents using her as a billboard?

I know when I was her age I still just believed what my parents believed as far as what movies were good or not was are concerned.

Do you still feel the same?

15 is certainly old enough to have your own feelings about politics for a lot of kids. I don’t think you are giving a 15 year old enough credit[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you to an extent, but I think there’s a chasmic difference between movies and decisions that affect the global political climate. I think most 30 year olds shouldn’t be voting with what limited understanding they have of political systems.

I don’t want to argue with you though. I will concede that all Americans have the right to express themselves as this teenager has done.