Stud Du Jour

Some good stuff in here.

Always enjoyed reading about “Mad Jack”

you have heroes…

then you have REAL heroes.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/657912[/quote]

I think that Mick “Crocodile” Dundee can now legitimately be joined in the Aussie Hall of Fame by Mick “Shark” Fanning.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Just finished this book about John Johnston, aka Liver-Eating Johnson (his last name is spelled both ways), and he has got to be one of The toughest sumbitches I’ve ever heard about in my life.

The 1970’s movie, “Jeremiah Johnson,” starring Robert Redford was based on his character but the real deal was oh so much more of a stallion than the pathetic role Redford portrayed.

His feats of physical and mental strength are especially noteworthy on a website like this one too. Some truly amazing accounts – no exaggeration.

Read this book if biographies of strong, rough, sturdy, violent, impressive, independent men are up your alley.

And unlike most mountain men he died of old age in of all places, Los Angeles.

[photo]41095[/photo][/quote]

Just finished the book, one tough fella.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]scoots2 wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Just finished this book about John Johnston, aka Liver-Eating Johnson (his last name is spelled both ways), and he has got to be one of The toughest sumbitches I’ve ever heard about in my life.

The 1970’s movie, “Jeremiah Johnson,” starring Robert Redford was based on his character but the real deal was oh so much more of a stallion than the pathetic role Redford portrayed.

His feats of physical and mental strength are especially noteworthy on a website like this one too. Some truly amazing accounts – no exaggeration.

Read this book if biographies of strong, rough, sturdy, violent, impressive, independent men are up your alley.

And unlike most mountain men he died of old age in of all places, Los Angeles.

[photo]41095[/photo][/quote]

Just finished the book, one tough fella.
[/quote]

Yeah, they don’t make 'em like that anymore, for sure.[/quote]

Should have made the movie based closer to the book, still one of my favorite movies though. Thanks for the book recommendation.

Jim Corbett:

If you never heard of him, take a few minutes and read. Really takes a set of steel balls to hunt ( proven) man eating tigers in the India jungle, especially at night. His books are well worth reading and have no self bluster or arrogance of his feats.

38 reconstructive surgeries, walked across Scotland, Wales, and England for the Wounded Warriors, delaying her amputation of her leg below the knee, rated fifth in the world in snowboarding in para Olympics. The next time someone you are with starts whining and bitching about something trivial, have them read the article. All my respect.

The thing that shocked me most about this story is the number of people that some of these tigers and leopards killed before he took them out. It seems incredible that a tiger would take out 436 people before someone takes it down. Sure that isn’t all at once. But it’s still crazy.

Here’s a link to “Hell on Ice” written by Commander Ellsberg about the Jeannette in 1960.

The entire story is there, as pdf pages, along with download options from archive.org.

In the preface, Commander Ellsberg explains how he based the story from the Navy Inquiry and the Congressional investigation on the voyage, along with Captain DeLong’s journal.

Exactly. I have the book somewhere in boxes from my last move. Whenever people start complaining about their hardship, I think back to this saga.

After watching the Revenant, if the stories are true, Hugh Glass went through a lot more than I could ever handle.