Stuck In the Hospital

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
20lbs of weight loss is mostly glycogen so don’t sweat it. Funny this thread popped up; there is one almost exactly like it on figure athlete that I just replied to. See what you think CP.

Hope you feel better soon!

BBB[/quote]

I found your post but unlike her I can’t eat a thing not even just a piece of bread.

Geez, CP. Sounds bad.
I hope it’s a relatively easy fix.

Hopefully you’ll bounce back better than ever.
Get well, man!

The blood in the stool is what will be viewed as the worst symptom, I would not be surprised if they go for an upper and/or lower GI exam with barium contrast. I sm sorry to hear all this man, I have been there, literally. Hang tough.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Geez, CP. Sounds bad.
I hope it’s a relatively easy fix.

Hopefully you’ll bounce back better than ever.
Get well, man!
[/quote]

Thanks man I just can’t wait to eat again and gain some weight back!

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
The blood in the stool is what will be viewed as the worst symptom, I would not be surprised if they go for an upper and/or lower GI exam with barium contrast. I sm sorry to hear all this man, I have been there, literally. Hang tough.[/quote]

Uh I’m sorry you had to go through this! I don’t wish this on anyone it’s not fun.

I have $5 each on either duodenal ulcer or perforated small intestine. Worst case scenario I’m sure, hope you’re on the mend soon. No fun being in the hospital.

BG

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Yeah blood in stool and not eating anything make your case worse than hers, for sure.

However I also think it’s likely to be a bleeding alcer or perforated gut lining. Nothing terribly serious, at least.

Hang in there!

BBB[/quote]

Thanks man! The docs are now leaning towards a virus because my spleen is larger than it should be. Haha who knows I’m now on doc number ten! Next stop will be Duke University

Are they going to do a colonoscopy?

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:
I have $5 each on either duodenal ulcer or perforated small intestine. Worst case scenario I’m sure, hope you’re on the mend soon. No fun being in the hospital.

BG[/quote]

It is not a perforation of anything, if he perforated his small intestine, he would be dead or in the ICU by now. Trust me I know, I had mine perforated and it looks like a scene from “Greys Anatomy.”

Get better soon CP!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

Thanks man! The docs are now leaning towards a virus because my spleen is larger than it should be. Haha who knows I’m now on doc number ten! Next stop will be Duke University[/quote]

could possibly be viral colonic inflammation especially if the CT didnt show anything with your colon. did they stick a scope in there? that’s the way to tell. Duke should get it resolved.

[quote]Reef wrote:
Are they going to do a colonoscopy?[/quote]

Only a partial colonoscopy they are looking to do a full one tomorrow or the following day. I’m none too excited about it haha

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
Get better soon CP![/quote]

Thanks DB!

[quote]urbanski wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

Thanks man! The docs are now leaning towards a virus because my spleen is larger than it should be. Haha who knows I’m now on doc number ten! Next stop will be Duke University

could possibly be viral colonic inflammation especially if the CT didnt show anything with your colon. did they stick a scope in there? that’s the way to tell. Duke should get it resolved. [/quote]

Haha damn I knew T-Nation would come through! I’ll ask the doc about that because my spleen is enlarged which could be due to the virus.

Did someone get you a laptop yet or are you still surfing on an ipod? If not, get a laptop! You’re probably going out of your mind by now.

[quote]debraD wrote:
Did someone get you a laptop yet or are you still surfing on an ipod? If not, get a laptop! You’re probably going out of your mind by now.[/quote]

Haha still on an iPod touch! My laptop is at my apartment which is an hour from the hospital

Well I had surgery yesterday and I am now down a gallbladder! I’m hoping this will fix thingsm if not the next step is to swallow and pill sized camera to see what’s going on inside of me.

Oh and thanks to the surgery I can not lift anything over 10lbs for the next 6 weeks, otherwise I risk a hernia. Totally not happy about that!

I have been thinking a lot about you–I know, kinda weird for a total stranger to wonder how you are doing. But my late husband started out with similar symptoms. Oh, that sounds bad. Not trying to compare at all. He ended up having cancer. Swallowing the little pill is preferable to exploratory surgery. I am a bit alarmed that they would take out the gall bladder without thinking that was really the problem. Of course there is most likely a lot of background info you are shortcutting here…

Best wishes!