T Nation

Stuck in a Rut with my Training

• Got to 105kg squat on Rippetoes but had to reset to 95kg because of form issues.
  • Progress has been hampered by less than perfect eating and sleeping patterns because of the demands of my degree.
  • Went from 95kg squat to 97.5kg squat ok. But I realise that the only way i really personally progress is by going below parallel, i’m not disciplined enough to try and get parallel because i have an ego problem.
  • I have a cold today and felt crap but i didn’t want to lose any progress , it was my 100kg squat attempt. I did the first set with alright form, then i couldn’t carry on. I felt terrible. Food has been hard to eat today because my nose is blocked and i feel like crap.

I am so frustrated with my lack of progress recently. I feel like i’m doing it all wrong and that I have to follow everything, sleep, food, lifting perfectly to get anywhere because i have shit genetics.

[quote]renatus wrote:

I am so frustrated with my lack of progress recently. I feel like i’m doing it all wrong and that I have to follow everything, sleep, food, lifting perfectly to get anywhere because i have shit genetics. [/quote]

Or the fact that you said you dont squat right, have bad form, and do not eat/sleep well. I cant believe people still dont realize how much effort is put into becoming a bodybuilder or strength athlete.

[quote]JohnMariette wrote:

[quote]renatus wrote:

I am so frustrated with my lack of progress recently. I feel like i’m doing it all wrong and that I have to follow everything, sleep, food, lifting perfectly to get anywhere because i have shit genetics. [/quote]

Or the fact that you said you dont squat right, have bad form, and do not eat/sleep well. I cant believe people still dont realize how much effort is put into becoming a bodybuilder or strength athlete.[/quote]

Yeah, I realise, when you hit a certain point in the newb stage, you have to be totally committed to every factor (sleep, food, form) if you want to progress.