Stuck for 2.5 Months!

Help!!! I was 135 last august and I am currently 160 lbs and I’ve stuck at 160 lbs for 2.5 months now. I had up my calories intake from 300 - 500 the last month and still the same. I am consuming slightly over 4100 calories a day. I used to intake about 3600 a day, which according to massive eating, it’s the needed amount to gain weight.

I finished GVT 2 weeks ago and doing ABBH1 right now. Am I doing something wrong? Should I increase my calorie intake even more?

Thanks!
GB

Well, yeah.

[quote]getbig wrote:
Should I increase my calorie intake even more?

Thanks!
GB[/quote]

Are you overtrained? Recovering properly? I could think of about a thousand reasons why your weight has plateaued. Are you getting stronger in your workouts?

What I’m getting at is to look at the big picture, not just calories. There’s way more to getting bigger than just eating more (although it does help!)

Stay strong
MR

[quote]NateN wrote:
Well, yeah.

getbig wrote:
Should I increase my calorie intake even more?

Thanks!
GB

[/quote]

Ok, that was a stupid question :confused:
I assume i hit a plateau right? I am not getting bigger or getting heavier. So, what I need to do now is increase my calorie intake and change up my workout program, right?

Thanks!
GB

[quote]Mike Robertson wrote:
Are you overtrained? Recovering properly? I could think of about a thousand reasons why your weight has plateaued. Are you getting stronger in your workouts?

What I’m getting at is to look at the big picture, not just calories. There’s way more to getting bigger than just eating more (although it does help!)

Stay strong
MR[/quote]

Hi Mike, yeah, my bench went up from 205 to 210 from GVT. And I am not overtrained, I stay with a program for 3 - 4 weeks then take 4 to 7 days off for recovery. So, I say the working out part is doing ok.

Hopefully, Shoulder Overhaul will help me after ABBH1.

Thanks!
GB

Don’t forget that since you added muscle, you’re going to have to bump your calories up EVEN MORE to add more muscle. What you used previously to help you bulk up is now just maintaining what you’ve developed.

Think of it that way, and then START EATING!

Stay strong
MR

Hey Mike,

I was wondering what you would prescribe for your athletes for GPP.

-poper

Mike,

Just a quick question about the safety of the overhead military press.

Would any shoulder problems develop over time, if I used OVMP as my primary shoulder mass builder?

My shoulders are healthy now; I do rotator cuff exercises a few hours after my upper body workouts, I don’t feel any pain when military pressing, and I also don’t do any behind-the-neck pullups.

I’m asking because I want to develop my shoulders (hypertrophy), but lateral raises don’t seem to do very much in terms of development. However, I’d rather do them (LR) exclusively if the military press would begin to wear on my shoulders over time.

Any ideas about this topic?