Stuck at 5X5 Need New Program

If I were you I’d go with 531.In your age and given that you’re a novice you’ll keep breaking rep prs workout after workout.As for the accessories go with boring but big

1 Like

531?

Not sure what you’re saying… This: 5/3/1 Rest Pause: A 6-Week Challenge ??

x2[quote=“stronkfak, post:22, topic:217380, full:true”]
If I were you I’d go with 531.In your age and given that you’re a novice you’ll keep breaking rep prs workout after workout.As for the accessories go with boring but big
[/quote]

X2 At 14 you just need to focus on building a base and work in a variety of rep ranges.
-triumvirate or BBB original for the win…

reading a bunch of Wendlers Blood and chalk articles would be a good idea also

1 Like

This or the one @RampantBadger posted

Taking this one then thanks!

1 Like

In my experience you don’t want to miss reps very often. Yeah just ramp up using 5-10lbs per set.

This is pretty high intensity so after 3 weeks or so i would backoff and do a week of high rep work - and you should be doing high rep assistance excercises right now IMO.

5/3/1 is an inferior peaking program. But if it includes singles - there so many 5/3/1 programs now it seems - it will work.

Personally i hate the know it all your a dumb weak kid attitude of wendler and many other online authors. So i’m admittedly bias i wouldn’t follow any program by someone who shows such disrespect.

But hey, he’s the man, right? lol I think he’s an idiot that is making a ton of money on some BS one size fits all program(s) - there’s thousands of people that can design a decent training program. At least rippetoe - another esteemed idiot - gave us some super useful form cues.

Just like stronglifts brah. Im experimenting and if it works ill keep on using it until i can find a new one. So far weights feels easy.

Also i did high reps for about 4 months straight(was a newbie dicking around) with good form. the high reps gave me endurance mostly and no strength(talking about 8-10 reps) 5x5 gave me huge boost now im trying to see if the program in currently using will also do the same.

Hope i’m not too late to the party.

I used to do stronglifts but then I started looking more into powerlifting and realised that it’s not really a powerlifting program, but it is a good place to start.

Have a look at Ed Coan’s training cycles. Very basic linear periodization but it will have you doing different amounts of reps & sets. Keep the body guessing.

Best of luck with everything mate, keep up the hard work.