Stuck At 190

i started lifting about 10 month ago and went from 210 to 190. yeat i’ve been at 190 for ahwile… and my strength has plateau’d… is there sumthin i can do to get my weight down and strength up?

Eat more (lean) protein and veggies, how tall are you? In your avatar you look pretty thin for 190, over 6 feet tall? I’d look more at adding weight, as in muscle, this is what any one and everyeon else who replies to this post will tell you.

I have tried cutting body fat while increasing strength with zero success. After quitting the 2,000 calorie diet and going on a 3,500 calorie diet (I’m 6ft 175 lbs), I’ve busted every single plateau and continue to see gains every week.

Eat more clean foods and get your rest. All of the information is in the articles, but I will say that meal replacements on top of a good diet of whole foods are a convenient way to get those extra calories you need.

There are some articles on T-Nation with regard to gaining muscle while keeping fat down. Mostly they include carbohydrate cycling with high carb days and low carb days. If you’re willing to put in the effort and have a very strict diet, go ahead and give it a try. I’m sticking with my relatively clean bulking diet and cutting after I’ve gained significant mass.

[quote]SamuraiWannaBe wrote:
Eat more (lean) protein and veggies, how tall are you? In your avatar you look pretty thin for 190, over 6 feet tall? I’d look more at adding weight, as in muscle, this is what any one and everyeon else who replies to this post will tell you.[/quote]

Correct.

Focus on one thing at a time. In my opinion, add more muscle. Besides, a body with more muscle burns more calories at rest than a body with less.

You may want to try adding a bit of lactate work as well if youve stalled on the low rep work. See the “destroying fat” program. IF you keep your calories over maintenance on the heavy lifting day, you will be able to make some strength gains (slow) while cutting weight. Its not optimal but you should slowly gain strength unless you lose too much muscle and/or are already at your neuromuscular limits for various lifts.

[quote]Jokerprince wrote:
i started lifting about 10 month ago and went from 210 to 190. yeat i’ve been at 190 for ahwile… and my strength has plateau’d… is there sumthin i can do to get my weight down and strength up?[/quote]