Stuck at 125 Pounds...

I’ve been stuck at 125 pounds for about 3 weeks now and i went from eating around 3000 calories a day to 4000 in the past week but I still can’t gain weight…

Any advice?

what are you doing w/o wise. etc etc

more details bro

Phill

I read somewhere that it isn’t really necessary for beginners to have a workout routine so I don’t use one. Plus I don’t have enough knowleds to make one properly.

So I just do around 4-8 reps for each exercise and do a couple sets throughout the day for each exercise. I do chest, bicep, tricep, shoulder, forearm one day, legs, back, calves the other day. I do day 1, day 2, day 1, day 2 and repeat that.

I do bench press, overhead tricep extension, military press, dumbell curls, concentration curls and wrist curls one day.

Deadlift, squat, leg extension, bent row, shoulder shrug, calf raises the other day.

I do not have a specific diet either. I just make sure to get 4000 calories and 150g of protein per day.

I also bought some creatine recently but havn’t started it yet because I sprained my wrist a couple days ago and figured it would go to waste.

My goal isn’t to be huge, just to gain another 10-15 pounds in a month and a half.

[quote]michaelangelos wrote:
I read somewhere that it isn’t really necessary for beginners to have a workout routine so I don’t use one

So I just do around 4-8 reps … I do chest, bicep, tricep, shoulder, forearm one day, legs, back, calves the other day. I do day 1, day 2, day 1, day 2 and repeat that.

etc[/quote]

What exactly do you think what you described IS if not a “workout routine”?

Give yourself days off. Do your day 1, day 2, then a rest day.

Just eat more. Nobody’s going to have any magic advice for you. Eat more food. You’re probably not eating nearly as much as you think you are.

You need to think longer term. A month and a half is nothing. Maybe you can gain that much in that time, maybe not (my money is on not, frankly). But if you look like crap now, you will probably still look like crap in 2 months no matter what you do. A year from now? 2 years from now? 5 years from now? Then you’ll be getting somewhere.

Besides, at 135-140 lbs you would still be very small. If you’re banking on dramatic changes in such a small time frame you are likely to get discouraged and quit in the likely event that it doesn’t happen.

unless your an even 5’ tall, you have a fuckin WAYS to go before your “bulky”. Eat, lift, eat. Search this site. And while you are searching this site, you should be eating. Really I am 240lbs and still not anywhere near bulky. Think big and work towards it.

I don’t want to necessarily be “bulky”. I’m 5’9" and I know that I am underweight. I want to get up to about 140 pounds, whether that is fat or muscle, just so that I can be a good weight for my height.

Once I’ve accomplished that I will work on becoming “bulky”.

Thanks for the opinions and suggestions though. I will give myself a rest day.

And I like the suggestions of eating while browsing the site.

Even mentioning bulky wont help her considering alot of girls dont lift because they think they will get “bulky”

I dont think your under weight, maybe on the skiny side. Just bump your calories up to 4500 with the aid of chocolate milk and peanut butter.

Also cut out any cardio.

Im just kiden, all you have to do is eat more and maybe try 20 rep squats.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
Even mentioning bulky wont help her considering alot of girls dont lift because they think they will get “bulky”

I dont think your under weight, maybe on the skiny side. Just bump your calories up to 4500 with the aid of chocolate milk and peanut butter.

Also cut out any cardio.

[/quote]

The funny thing is, I’m a guy, which is why I don’t want to be skinny.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
Im just kiden, all you have to do is eat more and maybe try 20 rep squats.[/quote]

Is that a routine?

[quote]michaelangelos wrote:
I’ve been stuck at 125 pounds for about 3 weeks now and i went from eating around 3000 calories a day to 4000 in the past week but I still can’t gain weight…

Any advice?[/quote]

EATING=you are 125-pounder,because you eat like a 125-pounder.Train yourself to eat more meals,eat more at every meal.Until you get to 200 lb. forget about eating clean,dieting,six-pack and other shit.That comes when you get to 200 lb. in bodyweight.
Until then,eat SEE-FOOD DIET.On this diet,you eat anything you see.Eat like an elefant.

TRAINING=focus on squat,deadlift,bench and chins.You can add some exercise if you like,but focus on these 4 exercises and do them 3 times a week.
Try lifting more weight on these exercises.

EAT,Train,EAT,rest,EAT,repeat!
EAT,train,EAT,rest,EAT,repeat!

A 20-rep squats routine and some other advice on gaining mass is here:

http://bulkingup.moonfruit.com

How much time do your workots add up to? As a naturally skinny guy I’ve found that I do best with short (40-50 minute), heavy workouts 3-5 times a week. If you lift for a total of two hours every day you’re making it much harder to out-eat your metabolism.

I wouldnt recommend going on the “see-food diet”. He would be better off to increase his calories and the frequency of his meals and keep it relatively clean. Fish, chicken, turkey, steak, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and whey for protein. Almonds, olive oil, natty peanut butter, cheese for fats. Oats, veggies, whole wheat bread, potatoes, brown rice for carbs.

He needs to learn to not be afraid of eating a lot of food and the sudden fat gain that will come along with going on an all out see-food diet will most likely not help with that. He should strive to eat clean, but not limit himself.

Pizza, hamburgers, and ice cream all have their place in a bulking diet, and I can guarantee you that a smart person will not make them the bulk of their diet unless they absolutely cannot get enough calories from clean foods. I may a couple of slices of pizza for lunch a couple times a week, but telling someone to live off of junk food is not good advice.

To the OP- That 20 rep squats program is definitely geared towards gaining weight if you can keep up with the gallong of whole milk a day. You might look into doing Starr’s 5x5. That is a very well-tested beginner and intermediate strength program and if you follow it correctly, you will gain a good amount of weight and strength on it.

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
I wouldnt recommend going on the “see-food diet”. He would be better off to increase his calories and the frequency of his meals and keep it relatively clean. Fish, chicken, turkey, steak, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and whey for protein. Almonds, olive oil, natty peanut butter, cheese for fats. Oats, veggies, whole wheat bread, potatoes, brown rice for carbs.

He needs to learn to not be afraid of eating a lot of food and the sudden fat gain that will come along with going on an all out see-food diet will most likely not help with that. He should strive to eat clean, but not limit himself.

Pizza, hamburgers, and ice cream all have their place in a bulking diet, and I can guarantee you that a smart person will not make them the bulk of their diet unless they absolutely cannot get enough calories from clean foods. I may a couple of slices of pizza for lunch a couple times a week, but telling someone to live off of junk food is not good advice.

To the OP- That 20 rep squats program is definitely geared towards gaining weight if you can keep up with the gallong of whole milk a day. You might look into doing Starr’s 5x5. That is a very well-tested beginner and intermediate strength program and if you follow it correctly, you will gain a good amount of weight and strength on it.[/quote]

Solid Advice.

To the OP - Follow it. Gain the 10-15 pounds you want. Then do it again. And again. At this point you’ll be hooked. Much stronger and healthier, and probably aiming at 200lbs minimum.

[quote]BALBO wrote:
michaelangelos wrote:

Any advice?

EATING=you are 125-pounder,because you eat like a 125-pounder.Train yourself to eat more meals,eat more at every meal.Until you get to 200 lb. forget about eating clean,dieting,six-pack and other shit.That comes when you get to 200 lb. in bodyweight.
Until then,eat SEE-FOOD DIET.On this diet,you eat anything you see.Eat like an elefant.

TRAINING=focus on squat,deadlift,bench and chins.You can add some exercise if you like,but focus on these 4 exercises and do them 3 times a week.
Try lifting more weight on these exercises.

EAT,Train,EAT,rest,EAT,repeat!
EAT,train,EAT,rest,EAT,repeat![/quote]

I try to do that but I usually get full pretty quickly.

[quote]DSmolken wrote:
A 20-rep squats routine and some other advice on gaining mass is here:

http://bulkingup.moonfruit.com

How much time do your workots add up to? As a naturally skinny guy I’ve found that I do best with short (40-50 minute), heavy workouts 3-5 times a week. If you lift for a total of two hours every day you’re making it much harder to out-eat your metabolism.[/quote]

I don’t lift for more than an hour each day.

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:

To the OP- That 20 rep squats program is definitely geared towards gaining weight if you can keep up with the gallong of whole milk a day. You might look into doing Starr’s 5x5. That is a very well-tested beginner and intermediate strength program and if you follow it correctly, you will gain a good amount of weight and strength on it.[/quote]

How much protein and how many carbs should I be getting everyday?

I try to eat healthy, but add a couple donuts a day.

Is a gallon of milk almost 4 litres a day?

BALBO spoke some wisdom.

DSmolken and fightingtiger did too.

To the OP: 140 pounds is a goal? You’re wrong. It’s a GIRL. 160 pounds is the beginning of being a boy. 185 pounds and you’re about to become a man. Your goal is whimpy. Be brave. Set a real goal and join the ranks of men.

DSmolken, that avatar is hilarious!

[quote]kroby wrote:
BALBO spoke some wisdom.

DSmolken and fightingtiger did too.

To the OP: 140 pounds is a goal? You’re wrong. It’s a GIRL. 160 pounds is the beginning of being a boy. 185 pounds and you’re about to become a man. Your goal is whimpy. Be brave. Set a real goal and join the ranks of men.

DSmolken, that avatar is hilarious![/quote]

15 year old girls don’t weight 140 pounds. The goal of 140 pounds is just for the end of the summer.