Stubborn Growth

ok heres the thing, i’ve been working out for about 4 years now. the first year when i started i notice results but ever since than i look the same and weigh the same. i work out 4 to 5 times a week, about an hour max. i usually work with heavy weights but light enough for me to be able to rep 7 times and usually 4 sets of whatever i do.

base on this i want to try some kind of supplement to help me out but with all these fake products out there i am a little bit skeptical. what do i need to take? or what am i doing wrong?

Your lack of results could be the result of poor nutrition, inproper exercise technique or selection, inadequate recovery, or some combination of these factors. Until you have a better idea of which, it doesn’t make much sense trying to throw a supplement at the problem.

[quote]jin_1030 wrote:
ok heres the thing, i’ve been working out for about 4 years now. the first year when i started i notice results but ever since than i look the same and weigh the same. i work out 4 to 5 times a week, about an hour max. i usually work with heavy weights but light enough for me to be able to rep 7 times and usually 4 sets of whatever i do.

base on this i want to try some kind of supplement to help me out but with all these fake products out there i am a little bit skeptical. what do i need to take? or what am i doing wrong? [/quote]

Take a week off from working out. During that time read some of the articles on this site, on both training and diet.

[quote]jin_1030 wrote:

base on this i want to try some kind of supplement to help me out but with all these fake products out there i am a little bit skeptical. what do i need to take? or what am i doing wrong? [/quote]

If you haven’t gained anything in 4 years, why wouldn’t you increase your food intake before worrying about supplements?

Start reading T-Nation systematically. At first it won’t make much sense. Keep reading. This is a few months’ job at least. After a while it will start to make sense.

I had the same issue. Fortunately I found T-Nation at some point and started to read the articles, discussions, etc.
After a while, I’m like “look, I’m overtraining.” Then “hey, I’m not eating properly.” Then “oh wait, I’m doing the same routine over and over again.” Stuff like that.

As soon as my diet AND my training were both done correctly, I started to make progress. It was like opening the floodgates.

Supplements are just 3rd in line. Diet is #1. The training program is a close #2.