Struggling with Levels for Years

Did you miss this point? You never do hCG+SERM

Low thyroid function can mess many things up. I would not put thyroid on the back burner.

If you can’t restart the HPTA, you replace it with TRT.

I understand…what I meant was, if after hcg my test levels are up, and then I do nolva for 4 weeks, and my lh, fsh, and test levels are good, and then I stop all drugs and test again in 4 weeks and the results didn’t ‘stick’, then I do TRT correct?

Should I treat my thyroid to see it it helps my hpta or do I treat my hpta and see if it helps my thyroid? Which route?

Thanks for all your help…my thermometer is on its way.

If those things fail, you do TRT. Watch the details re use of anastrozole during and cruising beyond to avoid estrogen rebound.

You should be trying to deal with both systems at once.

Any supplements I can take to get my free t3 and t4 numbers up? If it’s iodine, how many mg per day?

Also…what would a cortisol number at the bottom end of the range possibly mean?

I took my temp this morning before getting out of bed…97.4 (under the tongue). Took it again and was 97.9.

Most digital thermometers today a cheap and made in China. Accurate is not really an adjective for these. Most give fast readings and predict what the temperature is and do not produce an absolute reading. Some pharmacies now carry some German made glass thermometers that use a liquid metal that are mercury free.

Low cortisol levels will reduce your energy levels. See the thyroid basics explained non-sticky and look for references to adrenal, stress, cortisol, adrenal fatigue, iodine replenishment.

My doc is referring me to a place that treats pituitary, adrenal, thyroid, and hypogonadism issues. Hopefully a one stop shop. Will report back after appointment.

This new doc took more bloodwork…some tests specific to the pituitary…also prescribed clomid at 25mg/day to see if we can get my LH and FSH levels up and see if my testes respond.

My last two bloodworks have shown slightly low platelets however, what could be causing this?

Some guys feel terrible with Clomid, estrogen side effects. Nolvadex can be used at same dosing.

25mg may be excessive. LH levels can be too high and T–>E2 inside the testes can be excessive [and anastrozole cannot control T–>E2 inside the testes].

Review the HPTA Restart topic linked above as this applies to what you are doing now.

At my retest if LH and Testosterone is too high I will definitely try and do 12.5mg ED or EOD as per Dr. Crisler’s protocol…IF things seem to be working. No sides so far. Day 4.

Alright, new bloodwork after just over a month on Clomid 25mg/day.

Total T, 682 (range 250-827)
Estradiol, 50 (range under 39) ****
TSH, 1.54
Free T3, 3.2 (range 2.3-4.2)
FSH, 4.1 (range 1.6-8)
LH, 4.5 (range 1.5-9.3)
IGF-1 93 (63-373)****

So I’m definitely secondary. I go to the doc to discuss tomorrow. I’d like to get E2 down (maybe cut down on Clomid dose would help?) and also discuss the IGF-1 number. Seems low…

Thoughts?

Good T value.

Some men, including myself, are fine with that estradiol number. Do you have any estradiol-induced symptoms? If you don’t I don’t think there is need for concern. My last estradiol value was 47, with no symptoms.

I am definitely a little more moody and irritable the last couple weeks, but I don’t know if I can single out my E2 # as 100% the reason why. It did increase 100% in a month (was 26 before Clomid).

What about physical symptoms?

None as far as I have noticed. Had an ichy nipple once but can’t for sure attribute it to that. Morning wood almost every day.

Not to mention E2 should decrease as I keep losing weight.

I am more concerned with my IGF-1 levels but my protein intake probably needs upped.

How much protein are you eating and how much do you weigh?

Edited my post above. Not enough is probably accurate. 213, on my way down from 248 a couple years ago.

Saw doc - said we will continue to monitor E2 but as of right now they don’t want to add another drug into the equation since it’s only been a little over a month. Also said as I continue to lose weight that number might drop anyway. I go back for more bloods April 19. I will be getting additional bloods March 25 as well (TT, FT, E2, SHGB).

Said we would most likely bump the dose down eventually.

Ok - new update. New labs below…still on 25mg/day of Clomid. I am also down another 5 ish lbs from my last post. Estradiol seems to have normalized back to pre-Clomid levels.

Total T: 793 (348-1197)
Free T: 15.1 (9.3-26.5)
LH: 6.9 (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 3.9 (1.5-12.4)
Estradiol: 28.6 (7.6-42.6)
SHBG: 36.7 (16.5-55.9)

My total T is great…I am a little concerned with my free T and SHBG number. Everything else looks satisfactory.

Thoughts?

Anybody?

I’m also a little surprised my estradiol normalized back to pre-Clomid levels while I’m still on 25mg/day.

Hey, don’t question good fortune! If you have more weight to lose, keep at it!

Good job.

1 Like