Struggling To Gain Mass at a low Bf %

[quote]its_just_me wrote:
Like has been said, you have to be honest with how much you are eating. If it’s difficult to be consistent with whole foods, have more liquid meals (another advantage to liquid meals is lessor calories needed for the body to process them…which means that more overall calories are put towards mass gains).
[/quote]
Milk! Adding milk (about 1/2 gallon a day) has been a huge help for me adding some lbs recently.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
The more you dump, the LESS your body’s actually absorbing of what you eat. If it ends up in the toilet, it’s not being used to help you grow. [/quote]

The lesson here is clear: to get jacked, hold it in.

[quote]Meal Ticket wrote:

[quote]its_just_me wrote:
Like has been said, you have to be honest with how much you are eating. If it’s difficult to be consistent with whole foods, have more liquid meals (another advantage to liquid meals is lessor calories needed for the body to process them…which means that more overall calories are put towards mass gains).
[/quote]
Milk! Adding milk (about 1/2 gallon a day) has been a huge help for me adding some lbs recently.[/quote]

I started off the milk route too…until it got to the point where I was bloating up (due to the sheer volume and the lactose) and peeing 24/7 lol.

Then it occurred to me that the main constituents of milk that make it great for building up is the protein and the fat (mainly the fat though). So I decided to take the condensed version/shortcut - my focus turned towards cream (which basically is the top part of the milk, the part where the fattiest portion raises towards the top). Instead of drinking litres of milk for my shakes (or milk powder which still has tons of lactose in it), I simply used a bit of milk (as the liquid base…water can be used too), then added cream and whey.

Best thing I ever did as regards building myself up!

There’s a reason why fats (especially saturated) are the predominant source of calories in feeding the young (e.g. milk) - because it greatly speeds up/aids growth.

Obviously, this would be suicide for people with a history of heart disease, or anyone who does not struggle to put on weight. To put it in perspective, I need AT LEAST 5500 cals/day just to maintain my weight! It’s due to a combination of full time manual labour, fast metabolism, and a lean build.

For those who are interested, I’ve been adding heavy cream to my shakes for 4 years now. At the start, I went to get my blood tested. Cholesterol levels WENT DOWN after 4 years. Even at the start it was fine, and is now below the national average. This again may be linked to genetics more than lifestyle…who knows…

That college dining plan can suck ass, I must admit (junior in college now, off campus now though). Eat anything and everything. Unless you have a shitty food service like some colleges (prepackaged BS and such) then you have no excuse. I was in the hawt abz mindset too, I was in a cadet training program and ran upwards of 15 miles per week and weren’t allowed outside the building past 6pm so I had only a few hours to get to class and eat everything before 6pm. Needless to say I was 5’9" at a bodyweight of 120… hardcore fail on my part. I also read men’s health, 2nd mistake.

The point is, try and eat all you can. Is money an issue? Kill it with cheap meats to get in your protein then eat anything else high calorie. Cans of coconut milk work well, price isnt bad. Milk is very cheap, high everything, olive oil as other’s have said. IF you don’t have a fridge get some milk and keep it on ice for a day or so. as long as it’s cold youll be good. Post your real issue… food or lack of appetite.