Struggling to Eat in the Morning

Something I have never seen mentioned but have implemented when finding it tough to eat when not hungry was to make the meal, then sit down with it in front of a Zhasni video on youtube. Might sound stupid but would remind me why I was doing it and that it was necessary if I wanted to achieve my goals

I think that for me, I really started having an easier time with it when I shifted from thinking about food as a hunger thing and connected it with my goals. I don’t really think of eating in terms of hunger anymore; instead, I just think in terms of hitting certain calorie goals that I associate with my training. So, let’s say that I want to hit 4k cals for the day. Some people might look at the 4k calorie goal as fundamentally different from, say, going to the gym with it in mind to be squatting 320 that day. I think of the two as very similar: not hitting that 4k cals goal would be like not hitting my squat numbers for the day. Not entirely the same, but similar.

I’ve said this on other threads, but I’m also a big proponent of approaching eating like you do lifting through progressive overload, keeping records, and setting goals.

[quote]AspiringTank wrote:
I have one more tip. Eat your favorite food first thing in the morning. Is is ice-cream? Eat a lot of that stuff. Cheeseburgers from mc donalds? Slam 3 or 4 down when waking up. Choose a food that you simply crave enough that you will eat it anytime. Then your stomach will get used to getting filled first thing in the morning, and you will start to wake up hungry. If you have a hard time eating in the morning and start with boring foods it will not be a success. Here is a picture of an actual breakfast I had during that same period. 5 double cheeseburgers, 1 toblerone and 1 liter of chocolate milk. Yes I got fat. And yes I got strong fast. And yes I learned how to eat like my life depended on it. And no it didn’t have any negative long-term consequences.[/quote]

Hmm… I would probably go the opposite route and backload the stuff that I fucking love all the time so that I could get it down while full. When I was a kid I always ate the veggies first to get it out of the way so I could enjoy the steak and beans lol.

Really, nothing beats a decent-tasting chocolate protein shake full of EVOO/EVCO or natty nut butter if you need to get cals down easy in the morning. I guess another flavor works too, but I doubt anything works with the nuttiness or masks the oiliness better than chocolate. This way you get the cals in early and don’t bone yourself for the rest of the day by filling up.

Or just sack up and count the eating as work to be done like training until it becomes second nature. Whether you eat clean, dirty, minor caloric surplus, or full-on fat boy status, it’s not going to be EASY. You need to want it.