Strongman

I just trained strongman for the first time last night and let me tell you, I’m hooked. I had a ton of fun and am definately looking foward to competeing sometime in 07. If you haven’t tried it go on the north american strongman site and email your state chair to see if anybody around you trains and go do it.

Where did you do your strongman training? At home? A gym? I’d be intersted to know if you found a gym set up for that type of training.

Well, I contacted the state chair, Tony and he trains about an hour south of chicago. He also directed me to someone who is in the immediate chicago land area(beverly). Tony, from what I understand has everything and I mean everything someone training for strongman could ever want. Jason, the other person, has farmers walk handles, a log, power rack, bench, a sled, 2 inch thick bar and some dumbells. We trained in his garage and ally. It provides enough space to get stuff done in. Like I said, contact Tony if your interested and he’ll be more than willing to help you out.

Thanks Guy!

This is Tony Soucie. I just happened to come across this thread by accident. Figured I start an account here.

If you are interested in training just pm me or you can go to:
www.nastrongmaninc.com
There is a lot of info there.

We train at my home Fridays and Saturdays from 11am thru 3pm.
We have a lot of stuff, not everything though, hahahaha, the wife would get mad that I’d take up more of the back yard.
Locatd about 60 miles South of Chicago.

Tony