Strongman vs CrossFit

Yeah, I miss the MetRX era. Mariusz was a great spokesperson too. And you could actually watch the sport on ESPN.

I always like to joke about the fact that I once won $100 for a show and became one of the highest paid athletes in my sport, haha.

You can watch on cbssport, you gotta have expensive cable package, yet espn has room for 38 bowl games.

Thats why we need weight classes. In 1998 chris mavromatis promoted strongest man alive, you had two weight classes 210 and over 210. Good prize 1st place in each 7000, second 5000 down to 500 for 10th place, their were like a hundred competitors, it flopped he couldn’t come up with prize money he was relying on gate pass and video sales to pay for. Then the puke only told a few people that the 210 weight class was moved to 230 where i got fucked dropping from 238 to 207. Now if i was to win lottery , i would do like rich peters did with powerlifting NASA , travel us and have like 30 to 35 meets a year. Standardized equipment same tires logs etc. But i would have 4 weight classes for men and three for women with qualified events same for each different class, then twice a year i would have the top ten in each class battle for prize money some cable station would pick it up , instead of 400lb behemoth which most cant relate to you would see shredded guys that weigh 200 , pounds and 5,7 160 pound girls . And a lot of the lighter weight classes would have came from crossfit. Of course the strictest of drug testing ; )

Joe, there ARE weight classes for WSM. The lighter guys just don’t get airtime.

http://www.officialstrongman.com/competition.jsp?id=04cadb38-bf13-43ce-b76a-4c3c6b2ea903#tab_moreinfo

Damn wsm isn’t that popular, no money in it , its like the song rodeo by Garth Brooks. Still the feeling you have after a good tire flip or stones workout is awesome. If i was allowed to do only 7 8 exercises for overall body strength and development at least 5 would be strongman events.