Strongman Under 90kg (200LB)

Looking to exchange diet methodology with fellow strongman competitors, currently trying to gain a bit more lean body mass and stremyth while shedding a bit of fat. All naturally. I’m on a high protein and fats with moderate carbs, what are you doing?

I too would like to see some discussion, as I’m aiming to do some amateur comps next year in this weight class

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
I too would like to see some discussion, as I’m aiming to do some amateur comps next year in this weight class [/quote]
I’ve had a bit of success in recompositioning my fat to muscle ratio by eating maintenance calories but high protein and fat and under moderate carbs, dropped 2% fat over 4 weeks and stayed the sane weight, what are you doing?

Carb cycling, although I did some sums last night and realised I’ve fucked it up the past two months. I train upper/lower 4 times a week, with carbs highest on squat days (obvs). I seem to be fine on 100g carbs for upper days, but squats/deads need 250g+.
What ratios of protein/carb/fat are you using? maintenance calories for me would be about 2400 to allow for okay training.

I’m working off about 3000+ cals per day for maintenance and my macro split is 45% proteins,30% carbs and 25% fat, most of my fat comes from seeds,nut and the fat from the meat I eat, protein is mostly animal based but I do use nutrisport 90+ protein powder as well, carbs are mostly from rice and kidney beans along with veg.

Seems to be doing fine, lifts are going up and fat is going down so can’t complain, however I’ve been reading up on something called the anabolic diet and might give that a bash.
Also training wise I’m useing the cube method for strongman, pretty similar to Westside in that it has rep days,max days and dynamic days but uses overhead press instead of bench and has a fourth day for event training, seems to be going well also so I’d recommend it :slight_smile:

My carbs are pretty low as well but it doesn’t seem to affect my lifting or recovery and I’m not now or ever have been a user of ,well, “alternative” muscle gaining “supplements” haha