Strongman Training Template?

awesome stuff, i’m def.interested but cant really find anywhere that has the implements to train with here in the dc area, anyone know of any places?

also how would one simulate a yoke walk, just load up barbell and walk around? i’m pretty sure i couldnt get away with that at any of the gyms i have acces to.

sorry for all the questions, but this is definitely somehting i’d like to try, anyway i already asked about places in the dc area a few times, but how about the south carolina area as i will be moving there in august, specifcally greenville/spartanburg? appreciate the help guys.

Im sorry i didnt clarify Currently im training to do a WABDL meet in May after that Strongman late Fall?? Im more interested in how I Deadlift that meet-Im glad i brought this up good info by all Alright Keep it Rollin baby…

[quote]gags wrote:
sorry for all the questions, but this is definitely somehting i’d like to try, anyway i already asked about places in the dc area a few times, but how about the south carolina area as i will be moving there in august, specifcally greenville/spartanburg? appreciate the help guys.[/quote]

If interested go to the NAS site (north american amateur website) or look up TheAnvil. As for South Carolina try and find SCSTRENGTH and find their strongman guy.Hope this helps

I’m training for my first event in April; heres my modified WSB-Strongman template. BTW its a deadlift emphasized event.

Day 1
1.ME-Clean and Press (olympic bar, Axe, or log) work up to 1RM then 3-5 singles at 90%
2.Event training (farmers walk variation)
3.Heavy pulling (rows, weights, etc.)
4.Shrugs
5.Low intenisty triceps
6.Hammer curls
7.Grip work

Day 2
1.DE-Box Squats 50-60% 12x2
2.Event training (tires or stones)
3.Good Mornings
4.Hypers
5.Ab work
6.Neck work

Day 3
1.DE-Clean and Press 8x3 (1clean+3press) use which ever bar you used on Day 1
2.Event training (farmers walk)
3.DB military
4.4 Board Press heavy
5.One arm rowing with rope attachment
6.Axe reverse curls
7.Grip

Day 4
1.ME-Deadlift variation work up to a 1RM then either do 3-5 singles at 90% or do an all out set to failure with straps at 80%
2.Event training (stones or tire)
3.Safety Bar squats submaximal effort, rock bottom with a pause
4.Reverse hypers
5.Abs
6.Neck

[quote]Loucifer1 wrote:
gags wrote:
sorry for all the questions, but this is definitely somehting i’d like to try, anyway i already asked about places in the dc area a few times, but how about the south carolina area as i will be moving there in august, specifcally greenville/spartanburg? appreciate the help guys.

If interested go to the NAS site (north american amateur website) or look up TheAnvil. As for South Carolina try and find SCSTRENGTH and find their strongman guy.Hope this helps
[/quote]

i frequent the nas site, but there is nothing close to me, there’s a couple gyms in SC but i’m not sure if thy are near where i will be, thanks for the help

What implments would you buy in order of priority Josh, Scott any otheres???