T Nation

Strongman Meet in MA

http://home.att.net/~fitz-fam/contest.htm

anyone going?

Is that the Paxton Power Gym contest?

I know a few guys who are competing. Did that event back in 2006 and it was a fun one.

I might go to this. I go to school at Holy Cross which is in Worcester. It would be my first strongman competition.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
I might go to this. I go to school at Holy Cross which is in Worcester. It would be my first strongman competition. [/quote]

Do it. I’m competing at 175. You?

I’m going to compete hopefully at the 176-200 lb weight range. Have u ever done one?

I competed once on aug 8th at everett ma. It was nationals and I got smoked. I’m cutting right now to get into the under 175lb range.

if i didnt have to focus on track id train for it, the weights seem reasonable, i wish there was a teen division, i will be watching though living in holden im right there

[quote]bignate wrote:
if i didnt have to focus on track id train for it, the weights seem reasonable, i wish there was a teen division, i will be watching though living in holden im right there[/quote]

There is a teen division. It’s called compete in men’s open and make them cry when they find out you’re not even old enough to vote.

Some guys from my gym are competing, so I’ll probably go to watch, camera in hand.

I’d like to go and spectate … strongman isn’t my thing but it’s cool as hell to watch