Strongman Meet in MA

Everett just skeeves me out. But, if TPS is as kickass everyone makes it out to be, I may pop in. What’s it cost?

Edit: My buddy works out with Eric Cressey in Hudson, and that’s like $250 a month. The kid gained 18 pounds in a month and can be seen chucking a medicine ball at the end of this article:

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
Everett just skeeves me out. But, if TPS is as kickass everyone makes it out to be, I may pop in. What’s it cost?[/quote]

It’s Everett Square, not the shadier parts of the town haha, I’m from Andover, and drive from there to TPS everyday, and this surburban kid isn’t skeeved out from driving through Everett. haha

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
ucallthatbass wrote:
Everett just skeeves me out. But, if TPS is as kickass everyone makes it out to be, I may pop in. What’s it cost?

It’s Everett Square, not the shadier parts of the town haha, I’m from Andover, and drive from there to TPS everyday, and this surburban kid isn’t skeeved out from driving through Everett. haha[/quote]

Then you sir have not been shanked by an Everett prostitute…

Everett isnt that bad. its got a lot of junkies/ white trash, foreigners and wannabe thugs. but so does the entire Boston North-Metro area.

Andover has Lowell, which is pretty much the equivalent.

TPS is $10 for a day pass
$75 to enter in the meet
and it’s probably free to just watch

Should be a good show.

so yeah ill most likely have a t-shirt with a semi naked woman on it. be on the lookout

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
ucallthatbass wrote:

It’s Everett Square, not the shadier parts of the town haha, I’m from Andover, and drive from there to TPS everyday, and this surburban kid isn’t skeeved out from driving through Everett. haha

Then you sir have not been shanked by an Everett prostitute…[/quote]

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=100792069932415&ref=mf

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Everett isnt that bad. its got a lot of junkies/ white trash, foreigners and wannabe thugs. but so does the entire Boston North-Metro area.

Andover has Lowell, which is pretty much the equivalent. [/quote]

I know all about Everett, lived in Malden once

I just realized that going to a meet is a great way to find training partners.

dont be disapointed, im not going. theres no way i’ll be awake in time to get there.

i go to bed at like 5 am

I used to go to Gold’s in Everett when I lived in Medford. I saw that meet in PLUSA and have been thinking about going, but I don’t think I will be able to find the time.

Live:

Just show up a little late, or go to bed a little early. Or both.

I just checked my email and Total Performance Sports said that Derek Poundstone is coming as a guest judge. Sucks if you made other plans.

woah poundstone will be there? in that case i’ll stop by, i will try to wear the red T-Nation shirt if its clean on that day so say hi.

i can probably go after all, i thought this was happening the week it was posted then i saw Det and was like oh hey how was the strongman meet? he was like wtf are you talking about?

so yeah ill prob attend. be on the look out for a guy dressed like a douche who actually looks like he lifts.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i can probably go after all, i thought this was happening the week it was posted then i saw Det and was like oh hey how was the strongman meet? he was like wtf are you talking about?

so yeah ill prob attend. be on the look out for a guy dressed like a douche who actually looks like he lifts.[/quote]

Ouch. Are you saying other people won’t be looking like they lift?

Is anyone going through Brookline or Boston on their way there? Anyone who wants to carpool? =)