Strongman Fitness World Champ

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]bbgunz88 wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]jonalderson85 wrote:
What’s limiting you guys[/quote]
Pressing. The pulls and carries I can manage decently enough, but my pressing strength is miles away from where it needs to be.

What does your overhead training typically look like?[/quote]
Can I ask if you’re anywhere near Murfreesboro? [/quote]
Knoxville buddy[/quote]
Damn…I was lookin’ for a training partner lol

I bro lifted- benched 3x a week for 5 years prior. No squats no deads. Then started sm. I was naturally good at moving events. My press was terrible dead was ok for a novice. Stones were ok for a novice.

I started 531 then switched to the cube. Now I write my own programming. The majority of my progress was using my programming. Identifying weakness and fixing it. I was weak off the floor on deadlift… Was stuck at 545 for over a year. Fixing my issues and pulled 700 in about 15 months. It’s a process man identify what you are good at and figure out how to use that to improve your lifts, in combination w fixing weak points. I’ve done this on every lift I do.

Email me any videos you would want help with. I’ll critique them for you… [/quote]
What’s 531 and cube Jon?

Different training programs

Different training programs[/quote]
Could you elaborate?

I’m 3hrs from you… But I got a buddy that trains in Nashville
[/quote]
Jon if you’re ever in Nashville I’d love to hang out. I live about 30 mins from Nashville.

280x9 stone to 52"

Jon, you are such a strong baby…

Matty!! I want to see a 350 log

Jon, come out to central NC and compete at one of Lynn’s shows this summer! I’ve always wondered what your division would be since you’re #1 185. Would you be forced to compete as 231 in a non-pro show? Steve Trippe competed as a 200 for shits and giggles at NCSM I believe.

Jon, I notice you don’t really sit into the hole when you lap that stone. Is that just to save time since it’s a light stone for you or do you find this technique better?

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Jon, come out to central NC and compete at one of Lynn’s shows this summer! I’ve always wondered what your division would be since you’re #1 185. Would you be forced to compete as 231 in a non-pro show? Steve Trippe competed as a 200 for shits and giggles at NCSM I believe. [/quote]

I can compete at whatever class I can make weight for. I’ll be a 200 at nas shows. 185 at the Arnold and pro ams. I’d like to compete down there Steve asked me so I’m going to try to make it.

[quote]Silyak wrote:
Jon, I notice you don’t really sit into the hole when you lap that stone. Is that just to save time since it’s a light stone for you or do you find this technique better?[/quote]

Yes, it was a light stone and I have a ton of hip drive. It would waste time for me

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Jon, come out to central NC and compete at one of Lynn’s shows this summer! I’ve always wondered what your division would be since you’re #1 185. Would you be forced to compete as 231 in a non-pro show? Steve Trippe competed as a 200 for shits and giggles at NCSM I believe. [/quote]

I can compete at whatever class I can make weight for. I’ll be a 200 at nas shows. 185 at the Arnold and pro ams. I’d like to compete down there Steve asked me so I’m going to try to make it.[/quote]

Awesome. What about a LW pro in an am. show? If that even exists lol.

They are called platinum plus now I forgot. Lw get pro cards there

Here is my comp from this weekend at St. Louis

What did you change about your deadlift to make such gains?

[quote]bbgunz88 wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]bbgunz88 wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

Pressing. The pulls and carries I can manage decently enough, but my pressing strength is miles away from where it needs to be.

Knoxville buddy[/quote]
[/quote]

Kyle McCanless is mot to far from you about a hour drive but has all the gear and good team you could ever need.

[quote]bbgunz88 wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]bbgunz88 wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

Knoxville buddy[/quote]
[/quote]

Kyle McCanless is mot to far from you about a hour drive but has all the gear and good team you could ever need.