Strongman Event PRs Page

Shakes, that’s some seriously heavy weight. Do you compete at 231?

Tom’s gotta be one of the statically strongest LW competitors in the game, also a vet of the sport.

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Tom’s gotta be one of the statically strongest LW competitors in the game, also a vet of the sport. [/quote]

Yeah. That was my question. Not many lightweights are pushing that kind of weight.

[quote]Silyak wrote:
Shakes, that’s some seriously heavy weight. Do you compete at 231?[/quote]

Thank you! I compete in the 105 Kg Pro class and local contests as a NAS Heavyweight. My typical weight is between 220-235 lbs depending on how I am eating/training.

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Tom’s gotta be one of the statically strongest LW competitors in the game, also a vet of the sport. [/quote]

I appreciate the kind words! Have been competing for a while… this June will be nine years since my first contest.

Hit a 635b axle deadlift tonight

2 weeks ago I did a frame carry of 570lbs for 50’. That is a 120lb PR from where I was in November.

Hit a 335b Axle Continent Clean & press today

660 Squat and 700b Farmer’s Walk. The farmer’s walk wasn’t very long…I was just messing around after I did my speed runs, but it is the first time I have ever tried walking with it, so I’ll take it.

345 Axle Continental Clean & Press today

Weather’s good again. Got back to my home made farmer walk handles. Worked a lot on grip this winter, so it’s good to see I can use them without straps now (no knurling).

[quote]Silyak wrote:

Weather’s good again. Got back to my home made farmer walk handles. Worked a lot on grip this winter, so it’s good to see I can use them without straps now (no knurling).[/quote]

Kudos man. I built a rig almost exactly like that. The lack of knurling is one thing, but those small handles practically crush the bones in your hand. No straps is pretty killer.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]Silyak wrote:

Weather’s good again. Got back to my home made farmer walk handles. Worked a lot on grip this winter, so it’s good to see I can use them without straps now (no knurling).[/quote]

Kudos man. I built a rig almost exactly like that. The lack of knurling is one thing, but those small handles practically crush the bones in your hand. No straps is pretty killer.[/quote]
I built those handles based on your post here about them. They work great, but you’re right that my hands are sore today. The concrete buckets I came up with myself as I didn’t have the budget for 500lbs of plates. It does make it harder to pick other loads, though.

Hit a 270lbs zercher squat. Not bad for only training it for less than a month.

Hit a 365 Axle Push Press today. Also on the vid is a 460 paused axle bench press and some Log “Z” Press nonsense

Hit a 260lb overhead axle for a 20lb PR. I’m the first lifter in the video. It was still only good enough for last place in the open category, but a PR it is.

500lb farmers walk yesterday! One drop at about 40’, then continued for another 15’ before dropping them.

Hit 260x7 on the Log Clean & Press today, along with a 360lb stone. I lapped a 405lb stone…but it was heavy

I’ll get in on this. For the past almost 4 years I’ve been trying to get “good” at the powerlifts instead of simply training to get stronger. This has made me just okay at some things (>500 sumo pull, 405 squat, 100x20 DB Row, @ ~180, 5’9") while being piss poor at most everything else (even things like conventional deadlifts and benching). Now that is all going to change, as I’m leaning more toward Strongman and more and more away from powerlifting.

Whenever I would do overhead pressing while benching frequently, I would have to stop as soon as the weight would get remotely heavy because it was tearing up my chronically injured shoulders. After attempting unsuccessfully to include pressing into my training 8-10 times over the past several years, the most I could ever do was a painful and paltry 115x5 and 145x1, after which I had to stop because my shoulders were too beat up.

About 3 months ago my shoulders were so bad that strict pressing 95 pounds over my head one time hurt some, and doing 3 was quite painful. Since then I haven’t benched at all. Today I hit 115x7 (strict, with Fat Gripz) pain-free! The number itself is still NOWHERE near anything for me to be proud of, but is a big step in the right direction. For now the biggest thing is keeping my shoulders healthy, and if I can do that I should be able to have a bodyweight strict press and then some by the end of 2015.

Not a 1RM PR, but I did 325 with the axle for 13 reps.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Not a 1RM PR, but I did 325 with the axle for 13 reps. [/quote]

Deadlift or overhead?