T Nation

Strongman Event PRs Page

740lb Farmer’s Walk Deadlift…I want to hit 800 in the near future

275x2 Strict press PR @ 229 tonight. 300 is probable for the future.

Nice pressing Vinny. Those looked really fast.

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
308 military press

760x2 16 inch deadlift

[/quote]

Christ, you look like you’re only 18 years old or some shit. Total brute.[/quote]

im 19 not 18 lol thanks

Competed in my first strongman comp this weekend, in the under 175 class. Log clean/press PR of 195. The competition had 20 lb jumps, so I had to attempt 215 next, and just barely missed it. Would have gotten 205. This was the second time I had ever picked up a log, the first time being a week earlier.

Also did a crucifix hold with 30 lb chains for 20.5 seconds.

No other events were PR’able.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Also did a crucifix hold with 30 lb chains for 20.5 seconds.
[/quote]

Never mind I Googled it…

more overhead PR’s with 290x7

I hit 308 military for 3 reps and 341 for 4 push press today, will try and get a vid when i max out in a couple of weeks.

Axle clean and pressed 352 today, one clean then a push press and a power jerk from the shoulders.

After seeing all these presses in the 300’s, I’m not feeling so great about my 200 lb log. First time actually going heavy on the log(messed around w/ 135-140 on the small log a few weeks ago). I know anything that I can clean, I’m able to press, I missed my 1st 200 lb log clean attempt, and the guy coaching me taught me a little more about form from the lap to the chest and I nailed it.

I will be mid-high 300’s and low 400’s some day. It might take me 4-5 years but I’ll be there.

[quote]bwhite829 wrote:
After seeing all these presses in the 300’s, I’m not feeling so great about my 200 lb log. First time actually going heavy on the log(messed around w/ 135-140 on the small log a few weeks ago). I know anything that I can clean, I’m able to press, I missed my 1st 200 lb log clean attempt, and the guy coaching me taught me a little more about form from the lap to the chest and I nailed it.

I will be mid-high 300’s and low 400’s some day. It might take me 4-5 years but I’ll be there. [/quote]
On logs, most people clean more than you can press once they get the form down. So I’d keep practicing the clean. Really lap it well, get it high on the chest, and explode out of the whole.

I know it is not a strongman event, but it should carry over. My squat has gone up 100% because of doing yoke walks…No doubt in my mind

Alpha, that squat was solid. Super fast and super deep.

[quote]Silyak wrote:
Alpha, that squat was solid. Super fast and super deep.[/quote]

Thanks brother, it felt good!

Hit a 225 lb stone over a 60"(I think, it was around shoulder height and i’m around 6’). last time I tried the 225, I couldn’t really lap it. I think the past month of keg work helped out alot. Next week if we do stones, I’ll go 240 for a 50" and if I get it, I’ll try the 240 on 60".

Hit 315 on the log today.

Ugliest, slowest 400lb Log Incline Bench Press you will ever see…

[quote]Alpha wrote:
Ugliest, slowest 400lb Log Incline Bench Press you will ever see…

Your static pressing strength is immense. I’m dead serious when I say I sense an amateur LW log record coming soon. Perhaps in the future you can take the pro record too.

I think am. record is somewhere around 330-340, with the ASC pro record ~360-370.