Strongman Contest Results

I got 2nd in my weight class at 175 to a guy that has won this show 2 years in a row now so i’m not to dissatisfied with that considering i decided to do this contest at the last minute and didnt really train for it much.

log press

• hit 200 which matched a PR for me

18" DL

• hit 650 and missed 700, we started at 450 and went up in 50lb increments so 700 was my 6th pull i think i coulda got it if i coulda skipped some weights

power stairs
-3 implements, 250, 300, 350 22 seconds

farmers walks

• 52 seconds with 225 haha, not a good time but i was the only one in my weight class to finish

stones
-got 3 stones in like 22 seconds, not good here either, 205, 225, 250, missed 270

This was at Kansas Strongest Man which is a platnum show and one of the biggest shows of the year.

Other progress to note i’m up to 183 pounds now. Up almost 30lbs since last september when i posted my “Skinny Skinny Skinny” thread when alot of people didnt’ believe my numbers at my size untill i posted pics and video.

Recent PR’s
parallel box squat- 455 in just briefs
rack pull just below knees- 585
full olympic squat- 365x1
front squat- 275x1
conventional DL- 505 (haven’t been training this much, i think i could do more now)
haven’t done sumo at all since the meet

bench press- 285x1, 255x3, 225x7, 185x12
incline- 205, two sets of 3
behind the neck push jerk- 225x1, 215x2
log press- 200
3 board press- 300
floor press- 275

Bodyweight is 183 and climbing at around the same bodyfat.

All of these PR’s will fall fairly soon.

I know some of you guys like to see progress so i posted this (and cause i’m bored at work, haha). Also any non-believers once again i’ll post pics and video if i have to.

Binford - Congratulations man. Great meet. I don’t need pictures for proof, but I’d love to see any pictures you’d like to post.

One i’ve my buddies has some pics of the log but i think thats all we got. We were all competing so kinda hard to get pics.

Congratulations on your contest. Also, excellent results!

Christopher

Nice work you strong bastard.

-MAtt

[quote]Matgic wrote:

-MAtt[/quote]

Haha thanks man i’m not that strong i’ve got a long way to go. I’ve only really been doing this stuff since october.

Congrats on the 2nd place finish.

So when’s your next contest? :slight_smile:

-Dan

I have one on June 24 but there is no 175 class just 200 and under. But hopefully i’ll be almost that big and stronger by then cause i will be seeing some stiff competition.

Nice work Binford!

Keep up the hard work.

Good job.

Binford,
Hey I am guessing you are Derek, I’ve seen your name on the KCStrongman site and remember hearing your name at the meet. I’m Warren, I competed in the LW Novice.

Good job at the show. That was a hell of a show and some good competetion in all divisions. Second is nothing to be ashamed of. I got about 25 pounds on you and you smoked me in all the events. Hell, I placed last among the novices, and I am pleased to have just participated.

Are you going to JWC games in early June? I plan on going, but I’ll just be spectating.

Good job man! I’ll be sure to let you know when I promote another contest out here in Phoenix, AZ. Planning on having an under 200 class.

[quote]binford wrote:
Matgic wrote:

-MAtt

Haha thanks man i’m not that strong i’ve got a long way to go. I’ve only really been doing this stuff since october.[/quote]

Thanks that makes me feel better. Ass. Haha.

But seriously, your not the strongest man in the world, but your quite strong, so give yourself credit.

-MAtt

Its hard to give yourself credit when you train with guys that have 60 and 120lbs on you cause compared to them i’m weaker than shit. Definately a good motivator to get stronger and gain weight though.