T Nation

Strongman and Powerlifting

liftign seriously for a year, into powerlift and strongman not bodybuilding, tell me what u think

heres one more

just want to know what i should work on, stats:
age, 17,
height: almost 6’ 5’’
weight 250
bf: no clue
arms: 17’’
legs: (althought not shown, 35’’)
best lifts
275 bench
325 squat
365 box squat
415 deadlift

I thought strongmen and powerlifters weren’t concerned with how they looked, just how much weight they could lift? Seems kind of odd you’re posting in a RMP forum if you aren’t focused on BBing.

You can’t really give any advice to a powerlifter/strongman other than keep lifting heavy. . .

What do you want to do? You want to be a competitive powerlifter/strongman 10 years down the line? Or just be big and strong and look good?

Train accordingly.

This is a joke. Why did you post? (and I’m not talking about your physique)

i posted because i do want a somewhat pleasing, balanced physice while being big ans strong…

If your legs are seriously 35" then I would like to see that. That is pretty huge … its bigger than lean people’s waists.

I agree with the legs
I am slightly over 300 pounds with 19" arms and my legs are no where near 35"

I would also like to see the wheels. Not calling BS but that is pretty big.

seconded on the wheels. also kinda dont beleive your arm measurements or your bench.

How cant you bealive his bench? He weighes 250 so that is only 25 pounds over BW.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
How cant you bealive his bench? He weighes 250 so that is only 25 pounds over BW.[/quote]

He has only been lifting for one year. Most people with 2 years of training on bench cant lift that and even alot of people with 3+. He doesnt look like he weighs 250 either, maybe 200 or 220 because he is 6’5".

yea it was the age that threw me.

I believe he can bench 275. I’m not sure I believe the size of the wheels with squat and deadlift numbers like that. I’m not calling BS or criticizing but if he indeed has wheels that size I’d like to see them.

I don’t know about the 17inch arms though but it’s hard to say.

Anyways you look like you got a good base and are pretty strong for your age. You’ll get stronger with time and effort. Read articles and ask questions. Best of luck on your powerlifting.

Rob

the bench press and other lifting numbers are completely normal for a 6’5" 250lb guy with 2 years of training. Most solid 250 pounders would actually bench more than that with the same amount of experience but you have to take into account both his height and his age.

If you think his numbers are in any way unusual then you really need to spend more time in proper gyms. There are way too many newbie lifters on this site who need to focus more on training and hard work and less on calling out random people on the internet.

At 6’5" someone with a completely average build will weigh around 200-215. He looks like he is carrying a bit of muscle and some fat so 250 is about right. His arms are hard to judge but in photos a 6’5" guy with 17" arms will actually look a lot smaller than a 5’9" guy with the same measurements due to different arm lengths. I’d put the leg measurements down to a mistake on his part but who knows, maybe he just carries a lot of fat on his legs.

sorry i messed up the legs they are 30’’ ill try to take a shot, when my friend comes back to lift, ive been over 220 since freshman year when i was just under 6’ 4’’, now ive been bulking since summer and packed on 20 pounds from a base of 230, i flux btw 250-255

arms are real, mesauared those a week ago, all numbers are real, in a powerlifting me i did 315, 255(puased) the 275 was touch and go and 405 dead, look at my log its called, new log phase one: mass

Good post.

[quote]bakajin77 wrote:
the bench press and other lifting numbers are completely normal for a 6’5" 250lb guy with 2 years of training. Most solid 250 pounders would actually bench more than that with the same amount of experience but you have to take into account both his height and his age.

If you think his numbers are in any way unusual then you really need to spend more time in proper gyms. There are way too many newbie lifters on this site who need to focus more on training and hard work and less on calling out random people on the internet.

At 6’5" someone with a completely average build will weigh around 200-215. He looks like he is carrying a bit of muscle and some fat so 250 is about right. His arms are hard to judge but in photos a 6’5" guy with 17" arms will actually look a lot smaller than a 5’9" guy with the same measurements due to different arm lengths. I’d put the leg measurements down to a mistake on his part but who knows, maybe he just carries a lot of fat on his legs. [/quote]

I guess I believe 30", still pretty big. Either way, show the pictures dude! You owe it to us!

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
I guess I believe 30", still pretty big. Either way, show the pictures dude! You owe it to us![/quote]

will try this week, i wouldnt say they are impressive because they are more just a block of mass, maybe ill put the measuring tape around them, but keep in mind i had a back injury and havent squatted for three weeks, i did this weekened but only with 135 so they might not be in tip top shape, well see