T Nation

Stronglifts Squat Frequency

just out of curiosity why is it that in strong lifts you squat 3 times a week and not with bench and deadlift? just curious why squats are done so frequently compared to the other lifts. i love strong lifts and the way its setup but i just wonder what the science behind not needed as much recover time for squat

[quote]AbsuM- wrote:
just out of curiosity why is it that in strong lifts you squat 3 times a week and not with bench and deadlift? just curious why squats are done so frequently compared to the other lifts. i love strong lifts and the way its setup but i just wonder what the science behind not needed as much recover time for squat[/quote]

Squats are usually easy to recover from for most people, especially compared to deadlifts, and can have progress made far faster than the bench press or overhead press with high frequency. This is what I THINK.

Because they’re the easiest exercise to recover from and they tend to drive strength increases everywhere else?especially the deadlift.

Because that is the way the program is written. If you want a program squatting less, go find one. There are even programs that you don’t squat at all, and all you do is bench and curl. To use a program, you need to buy into the program.