Stronglifts + GBC?

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum and also a novice in strength training. I’ve been training for more than a month now following Stronglifts 5x5 program. My current stats are:
Squat (high bar, ATG): 76kg (168lbs) for 5x5
Deadlift: 82 kg (181) for 1x5
Bench: 30kg (66lbs) for 5x5
BW: 70kg (154lbs)

From the last month I can see quite a good improvement in both my strength and muscle development, but my fat seems to stay stubborn and I want to get rid of it. I came across Charles Poliquin’s “German Body Comp” program that claims to help you lose fat while not having to compromise any strength or hypertrophy.

The question it should I engage that program into my training? If I should, what would be the best training split? (e.g: 2-a-day training)

Thank you so much for reading this!

Id take anything written by Chuck ahead of a guy whose claim to fame is a 180kg squat.

2 Likes

Yep. The bottom line is, your diet will determine your body composition more than how you train.

Do one program or the other. ‘Frankensteining’ programs will get you nowhere at this stage. As you’re making gains i would say stick with Stronglifts for a couple months and can add one HIIT cardio session a week on off days to help speed up fatloss

Obviously look at cutting out all sugar and processed crap in your diet, drink more water etc

Op, going too ask some questions which will help to better give you advice.

Age?
Gender?
Height?

you think a little over a month of strength training will take care of it?