Stronglifts Edited Version?

Yes. I think others and myself could help you more that way. Feel free to ask about any of the jargon if you don’t understand.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Yes. I think others and myself could help you more that way. Feel free to ask about any of the jargon if you don’t understand.[/quote]
Alright here are some stats thanks for helping everyone!!! much love

Height: 6’1.
Age 19
Weight:185
Lift: 4x a week, MMA training 5 times a week normally BJJ/Wrestling morning Boxing/Muay Thai night.
schedule looks like this if easier

Mon: morning Wrestling/BJJ, night leg circuit

Tues: morning Upper body circuit, night BJJ.

Wens: morning BJJ, Night Boxing/ muay thai

Thur: morning Boxing, night BJJ/Wrestling

Fri: Morning BJJ, afternoon Olympic lifts

Sat: morning either rest or MMA training, Night Deadlifts

Sun: rest F*CKING DAY!!!

My diet idk were it needs to be i eat clean but i also eat some junk food i really dont know how many cals to intake with that much exercise and physical demand on the body, my goal is to get to 177 with as little BF as possible, just so when i cut weight its 5 pounds of water and 2 of muscle and fat, my BF% right now is probably 10-13% estimation. so any diet advice would be awesome, main goal get as strong as possible have a good pysique nice definition still good cardio for fights! any advice would be awesome thanks so much to anyone who helps really appreciate it!

Hmmm… honestly, I don’t know. I mostly train just to get stronger and any of my other goals are secondary, tertiary, and so on.

What’s your top priority? If you go for everything at once, there’s a good chance you’ll just end up spinning your wheels.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Hmmm… honestly, I don’t know. I mostly train just to get stronger and any of my other goals are secondary, tertiary, and so on.

What’s your top priority? If you go for everything at once, there’s a good chance you’ll just end up spinning your wheels.[/quote]
Thats hard to pick a main goal, i would say strength a my weight cause training i get cardio out of that and burn cals, its mostly the diet and a good strength program im looking for that will help build muscle and also have a good physique

Well… for optimal results, you might want to cut out some of the MMA type stuff if you want to stay the same weight or lose a few pounds while getting stronger.

It’s possible to gain muscle while very slowly losing weight, but you either have to be a total newb and/or have your diet really in check. I’m far from any sort of diet expert. Basically I don’t eat garbage and lose/gain weight by cutting calories and trying to keep protein high so I cut back on fat and/or carbs.

I’ll gain weight to get muscle. Like gain 10-15lbs, then hold that weight for a 3 or so months, than lose 5-10 depending on how lean I want to be. After all is done, I’ll be either heavier and just as lean as I was to start or leaner.

I’m not saying it’s ideal but it’s been working for me so far.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will be able to help you more.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Well… for optimal results, you might want to cut out some of the MMA type stuff if you want to stay the same weight or lose a few pounds while getting stronger.

It’s possible to gain muscle while very slowly losing weight, but you either have to be a total newb and/or have your diet really in check. I’m far from any sort of diet expert. Basically I don’t eat garbage and lose/gain weight by cutting calories and trying to keep protein high so I cut back on fat and/or carbs.

I’ll gain weight to get muscle. Like gain 10-15lbs, then hold that weight for a 3 or so months, than lose 5-10 depending on how lean I want to be. After all is done, I’ll be either heavier and just as lean as I was to start or leaner.

I’m not saying it’s ideal but it’s been working for me so far.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will be able to help you more.
[/quote]
ok cool, well thank you for the advise your help was good!

This drips douche-baggery. Put the bar on your back, bend your knees, squat down, stand back up, and get results.

My advice is go buy 5/3/1, follow it word for word for 6 months, then come back.

Also, quit with the English 101 on T-Nation. Save it for somewhere that it matters. If you type like an orangutan on a sugar high but want to get stronger, ask your questions and have someone helpful answer. It seems like every post on this damn website gets sidetracked by egocentric bastards getting into dick measuring contests with their kick-ass grammar skills.

Does anyone care about getting stronger anymore?

OP, if you want to get stronger while maintaining abs or a certain conditioning goal, what have you, PM me and I will do my absolute best to help you out. No sarcasm, no bullshit. If you want to become better I will try to help as best I can. If not and you are a “troll” please keep this shit off the website.

I was only trying to help because no one else was trying. Thanks for for offering OP help. That’s all I can thank you for. And my posts in this thread have been very tame for the flaming it’s gotten so you can just pull that tampon out and get a clean one.

So you don’t agree with me that the powerlifting forum has been watered down with bullshit? I didn’t name names and I really don’t have a problem with any body on here. My point was that the conversation (like the one we are having now) ruin threads like this. Because now instead of discussing training we are bitching on the internet. And that makes us all losers.

[quote]Drake37 wrote:
So you don’t agree with me that the powerlifting forum has been watered down with bullshit? I didn’t name names and I really don’t have a problem with any body on here. My point was that the conversation (like the one we are having now) ruin threads like this. Because now instead of discussing training we are bitching on the internet. And that makes us all losers.

[/quote]

All of that wasn’t directed at you… I do see how this thread has quickly devolved and I admit I was part of that. I did my best to redirect it.

But when you say watered down, can you be more specific? I still see great threads with great information with great contributors. The trolls don’t stick around here nearly as long as the bb forums. There’s still good form critiques on the videos people put up and great encouragement in the PR thread. I know it’s not perfect, but I’m not sure that any of it’s gotten worse.

I will say that it isn’t as ‘PL pure’. There’s more questions involving athletics, conditioning, and bb type goals than I remember. But I think that’s just because the people bring it up here because the people in the PL forum are often knowledgeable about these issues more so than what some people have found in the other forums.

Well sorry, thats my bad. While I think this is the best site to find information on my point is that people get side tracked with trivial bullshit when most of us have the same goal. Get better and help others get better. The days of trolls clogging the news feed and people bullying the new guys is pretty much over, and its great to see. SO please dont think I was trying to be an asshole so much as I am trying to help focus.

To sum up, it sounded better in my head.

[quote]Drake37 wrote:
Well sorry, thats my bad. While I think this is the best site to find information on my point is that people get side tracked with trivial bullshit when most of us have the same goal. Get better and help others get better. The days of trolls clogging the news feed and people bullying the new guys is pretty much over, and its great to see. SO please dont think I was trying to be an asshole so much as I am trying to help focus.

To sum up, it sounded better in my head.[/quote]

I really thought OP was a troll and we’ve been getting so many lately I jumped the gun. But I second guessed myself in part due to JC and saw he made decent posts in the combat forums so I decided to do what I could to help OP. I made call outs to more knowledgeable people more than once, but except for you no one was willing to help.

I hope OP got more out of this thread than the people in PL are nitpicking whiners. Lol.

And to OP. I’ll second the 5/3/1 suggestion. I like the 2nd edition a lot. Will help no matter what program you’re on. And Wendler lays it down very simply.