Strongest Programmer in the World...

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
printf(“hello, world\n”);
return 0;
}

Alright, starting to see some impressive numbers in here now! See, we get a bad rap for pocket protectors and lack of exercise, and it’s unwarranted! :slight_smile:

[quote]elano wrote:
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
printf(“hello, world\n”);
return 0;
}
[/quote]

Ah, so, you’re just just starting with your first program? Hope you’re more advanced than that in lifting. LOL…

Right, I’ll join.

I’m a Java programmer. Moving more into Ecommerce/Web 2.0 development with Grails, PHP, Python, etc.

Best Competition lifts (at 100kg)

Squat: 210kg (raw)
Bench: 150kg (raw)
Deadlift: 240kg (raw)

I am currently in my third year for my B.S. in IT.
I have had classes in the following languages:
Ruby
Java
HTML
C#
VHDL

My best lifts:
Squat: 810(1993)
Bench: 551(1997)
Dead: 716(2005)
Log clean and press: 355(2001)

Doubt if it makes me the strongest. I always know that there are bigger and better out there. But, I am proud of what I have done.
BiggJames

[quote]biggjames wrote:
Ruby
Java
HTML
C#
VHDL

My best lifts:

Doubt if it makes me the strongest. I always know that there are bigger and better out there. But, I am proud of what I have done.
BiggJames

[/quote]

I think we have a winner!

I’d say they’re very respectable totals given your avatar!

I did some PLC stuff @ Uni (B.Eng Comp Eng) but I’ve programmed web apps now in VB, C#, PHP, Ruby, whatever really.

I should see about doing some Max Effort stuff this weekend and get a proper idea of where I am at :slight_smile:

[quote]patricio2626 wrote:
Definitely not the strongest, but what the hey:

Bench: 315 lbs (143kg)
Squat: 365 lbs (167kg)
DL: 420 lbs (191kg)

I don’t max out often at all, so these may be +/- a tiny bit, but close, anyways.

I do PLC programming, as well as Visual Basic, VB.NET, and HTML… I know, you C++ types will tell me I have no right to call myself a programmer, LOL. My title is actually ‘project engineer’, but my B.S. was computer science.

Now, if we could only get a thread going where people would post pictures of themselves, so we could see the people behind the avatars.[/quote]

[quote]Bergman wrote:
I highly doubt I’m the world strongest programmer, but I’ll set the bar higher in this thread, at least for now. I’m a computer engineer who used to focus on hardware, but am now in the security sector. I’ve programmed in C, C++, x86asm, Java, and Python mainly. Also a little bit of SystemVerilog, Verilog, and perl. My current lifts are:

DL 633x1 (raw)
SQ 441x1 (raw), 700x1(suit+briefs)
BP 350x1 (raw), 457x1 (single ply)

All of these were at a weight of 245-255 (the raw bench was in the gym, the rest are competition lifts), but I’m currently sitting at 275 after a bulk :D[/quote]

That’s awesome dude.

It’d be awesome to find a PL group over here, I’m kinda a big build naturally so I’d like to give it a go. However it’s Australia and it seems that PL isn’t that popular here.

Congrats though. You’re the strongest so far that I’ve read :slight_smile:

I dont fit the programmer thingy, but I have a degree in Computer Graphics and Interactive Media…does that count?
I have no clyue what my lifts are though lol…I currently push 270lb close grip press 4sets of 7…Cant do back squats though…and I was messing around the other day and DL 400+ a few times…I guess I could try a max on those things tonght.

id say im stronger than any programmer and will take their lunch money.

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
It’d be awesome to find a PL group over here, I’m kinda a big build naturally so I’d like to give it a go. However it’s Australia and it seems that PL isn’t that popular here.
[/quote]

I belong to a PL/SQL group… I stay away from PL/1, though-- damned mainframes…

I’m a programmer, you guys make me look like a sissy.

BP: 295
Squat: don’t ask
Deadlift: 405x3

I’m 6’4 and sitting around 240 right now and all of these numbers are fairly recent.

I have programmed in Perl, C#, C++, C but currently I’m working almost exclusively with Java EE and Groovy/Grails.

[quote]biggjames wrote:
Ruby
Java
HTML
C#
VHDL

My best lifts:

BiggJames

[/quote]

Wow, good deal! Those are some real numbers!

Thank you!

Not sure we’re going to find better numbers than biggjames’s, but I’d love to see them if they’re out there!

[quote]Bergman wrote:
Not sure we’re going to find better numbers than biggjames’s, but I’d love to see them if they’re out there![/quote]

Here are mine:

Bench: 101101101
squat: 110110011
DL: 1000100001

FTW

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Bergman wrote:
Not sure we’re going to find better numbers than biggjames’s, but I’d love to see them if they’re out there!

Here are mine:

Bench: 101101101
squat: 110110011
DL: 1000100001

FTW[/quote]

Clever!

Dammit, you bench what I squat… That’s a nice DL, too.

NERRRDDSS!!!

runs away

[quote]MangoMan305 wrote:
NERRRDDSS!!!

runs away[/quote]

Can’t take out big James (really solid log man), but I’ll geek in if I may. I’m a video game developer (working for Sony atm). Lifts are:

Squat: 220kg
Bench: 155kg
Deadlift: 275kg

Set in December last year, spent January lying on a beach in Australia and just getting back into the swing of things now.