Strongest Man You Never Heard Of

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Seems like he’s always been a pretty cool, no bullshit guy. Interesting to note though, in the pic above from his contest last year where he came in 2nd, he doesn’t necessarily have a gigantic chest for having been a 600+ pound bencher in the '90s. Just something to think about, folks… training specificity.[/quote]

Lol that vid was awesome. Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean about training specificity as it relates to his chest being not as large as you would expect given his past? (maybe he was a tricep bencher cuz his arms are gargantuan lol)

[quote]csulli wrote:

Seems like he’s always been a pretty cool, no bullshit guy. Interesting to note though, in the pic above from his contest last year where he came in 2nd, he doesn’t necessarily have a gigantic chest for having been a 600+ pound bencher in the '90s. Just something to think about, folks… training specificity.[/quote]
Lol that vid was awesome. Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean about training specificity as it relates to his chest being not as large as you would expect given his past? (maybe he was a tricep bencher cuz his arms are gargantuan lol)[/quote]
Just that he trained like a powerlifter for decades and became a top-level bench presser, but even though he was one of the best at the “king of chest exercises” (in the bodybuilder’s world), he didn’t develop a jaw-dropping chest.

Contrast that to someone like Johnnie Jackson who, I believe, benched 600 or near it in addition to “training like a bodybuilder”, and he has a much more fully-developed chest. Just making a comment on ‘know why you’re training and don’t expect XYZ result if you’re actually training for ABC.’

[quote]csulli wrote:

Lol that vid was awesome. Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean about training specificity as it relates to his chest being not as large as you would expect given his past? (maybe he was a tricep bencher cuz his arms are gargantuan lol)[/quote]

I think it is pretty common form for powerlifters to have tricep dominant pressing techniques. Hence, the giant triceps and average chest in relation.

I would kill to have a physique like him. Having arms like that must be absolutely awesome.

It’s really eye opening to hear what he used to eat to build those arms though… like holy god. What was that? 3,000 calories in one sitting?

I am going to start eating a lot more!

Never seen this before either, pretty cool video.

CC - didnt he say he dropped down to 190lb after his heart surgery, would that be a reason for the chest development?

That was a pretty cool video. Loved the part where he just chills with 405 paused having a chat.

IT’s STILL YOUR MOTHERF*CKIN SET!!!

GOLD

Just that he trained like a powerlifter for decades and became a top-level bench presser, but even though he was one of the best at the “king of chest exercises” (in the bodybuilder’s world), he didn’t develop a jaw-dropping chest.

Contrast that to someone like Johnnie Jackson who, I believe, benched 600 or near it in addition to “training like a bodybuilder”, and he has a much more fully-developed chest. Just making a comment on ‘know why you’re training and don’t expect XYZ result if you’re actually training for ABC.’[/quote]

Aha! That makes sense.

[quote]four60 wrote:
IT’s STILL YOUR MOTHERF*CKIN SET!!!

GOLD[/quote]

Yeah, I love that line.

edit1

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
edit1[/quote]

Jesus, his arms are as big as my legs.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
edit1[/quote]

Jesus, his arms are as big as my legs.[/quote]

Yeah, well I could fit into one of his arms!

the guy is an inspiration. u the man CT.

I wanna be this guy’s best friend lol.

Saw this a while ago, loved it then. Just as good now.

[quote]jldume wrote:
Never seen this before either, pretty cool video. [/quote]

ya, really. i never saw it either. thanks for posting it Irish.

stfu if you have seen a post topic before, what are we supposed to do, do a comprehensive search and make sure everything we post has never been mentioned ever on this board?

fuck, i even had some pinhead complain that about a vid i linked he had seen on different website, and THAT made it unworthy of posting over here. jeeeez

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
WTF WAS THAT THING ZIPPING ACROSS THE FLOOR IN THE BACKGROUND![/quote]

MOUSE MOUSE MOUSE!!! Jumps up on the bench

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
OLD.

Repost.

etc[/quote]

Here is a new video.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

[quote]jldume wrote:
Never seen this before either, pretty cool video. [/quote]

ya, really. i never saw it either. thanks for posting it Irish.

stfu if you have seen a post topic before, what are we supposed to do, do a comprehensive search and make sure everything we post has never been mentioned ever on this board?

fuck, i even had some pinhead complain that about a vid i linked he had seen on different website, and THAT made it unworthy of posting over here. jeeeez

[/quote]

Man just ignore those motherfuckin’ bitch-ass pacifier sucking pussies.