Strongest Man You Never Heard Of

Don’t know if it’s been posted here but I thought this was pretty cool

OLD.

Repost.

etc

I thought you were gonna post that dude in the old Irish Spring commercial.

“You’re a strong man, John.”

“Aye, a might stronger than I care to be.”

WTF WAS THAT THING ZIPPING ACROSS THE FLOOR IN THE BACKGROUND!

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
OLD.

Repost.

etc[/quote]

OMG HoW CoULLLD I nOt NooOOO??? LoLZzzz sossrrryr!!!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I thought you were gonna post that dude in the old Irish Spring commercial.

“You’re a strong man, John.”

“Aye, a might stronger than I care to be.”[/quote]

hahahahahahahahaha

20-min anything is a pile of bullshit–haha, love it!!!

Fletcher is such a cool badass!

Love the forearms too!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
WTF WAS THAT THING ZIPPING ACROSS THE FLOOR IN THE BACKGROUND![/quote]

I flipped out about that lol. I backed it up and paused. I think someone kicked a mat across the room.

My friend said something about this dude just the other day actually. We were cracking up about the part where he just starts talkin to you for a while real calmly with 405 sitting on his chest lol.

This guy reminds me of James Henderson. Another big bench presser with a big personality.

beast.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
WTF WAS THAT THING ZIPPING ACROSS THE FLOOR IN THE BACKGROUND![/quote]

A gym rat.

I can never see that rat supposedly running across the floor.

Am I being trolled? -.-

Am I being trolled? -.-[/quote]
Go to 2:15 and just watch the background

i never understood why you always hear tips given,and quotes from the “big strong guys” at the gym saying dont do curls, stick to the basics, squats, presses, deads, benches… bet this smart guy that knows better,told the big dudes to fuck off and did his curls as he’s 3 times worlds champ in the curl event…personally, when i go to my garage or gym, i work all muscles… including curls…

[quote]spk wrote:
i never understood why you always hear tips given,and quotes from the “big strong guys” at the gym saying dont do curls, stick to the basics, squats, presses, deads, benches… bet this smart guy that knows better,told the big dudes to fuck off and did his curls as he’s 3 times worlds champ in the curl event…personally, when i go to my garage or gym, i work all muscles… including curls…[/quote]

I have never heard a big, strong guy say “don’t do curls.” Never, as in not once.

I’ve heard a lot of scrawny or fat guys say it though.

Never saw this…

Thanks for this

I never head of him before. Now that i have, he is no longer the strongest person i never heard of.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

Am I being trolled? -.-[/quote]
Go to 2:15 and just watch the background[/quote]
Just to the right of the water bottle. Rat with a fluffy tail? Squirrel? Whatever.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]spk wrote:
i never understood why you always hear tips given,and quotes from the “big strong guys” at the gym saying dont do curls, stick to the basics, squats, presses, deads, benches… bet this smart guy that knows better,told the big dudes to fuck off and did his curls as he’s 3 times worlds champ in the curl event…personally, when i go to my garage or gym, i work all muscles… including curls…[/quote]
I have never heard a big, strong guy say “don’t do curls.” Never, as in not once.

I’ve heard a lot of scrawny or fat guys say it though.[/quote]

Agreed. While “just” doing compound lifts might be advocated by some coaches (who come from an athletic background and/or deal with non-bodybuilding athletes), it’s pretty much a given that curls are a basic exercise, especially when building size is concerned. Pretty sure you’re misunderstanding what you’re reading/hearing.

Seems like he’s always been a pretty cool, no bullshit guy. Interesting to note though, in the pic above from his contest last year where he came in 2nd, he doesn’t necessarily have a gigantic chest for having been a 600+ pound bencher in the '90s. Just something to think about, folks… training specificity.