T Nation

"Strongest Gym In Canada" Inspired Program

Hi coach, do you have any info on how you would train using the methods in this article? Was thinking something like this

Monday
Squat-ramp to 1heavy single. then 3 x 5 @ 80-85%
RDL( not sure of this set/rep ) 4 x 4-6
Lower body assistance 2-3 exercises for 3 sets 10/8/6-8F

Tuesday
Bench-ramp to 1heavy single. then 3 x 5 @ 80-85%
Dbell shoulder press( not sure of this set/rep ) 4 x 4-6
Upper body assistance 2-3 exercises for 3 sets 10/8/6-8F

Thursday
Deadlift-ramp to 1heavy single. then 3 x 5 @ 80-85%
Zercher from pins( not sure of this set/rep ) 4 x 4-6
Lower body assistance 2-3 exercises for 3 sets 10/8/6-8F

Saturday
Bbell press-ramp to 1heavy single. then 3 x 5 @ 80-85%
Dbell incline press( not sure of this set/rep ) 4 x 4-6
Upper body assistance 2-3 exercises for 3 sets 10/8/6-8F

How would you include a farmers walk/conditioning day? Maybe Wednesday, rest Thursday & sunday? Or after upper body assistance?

Any feedback much appreciated

Any thoughts coach?

Would ramping to a single everyday cause burnout and stalled progress?

They don’t ramp to a heavy single every day, they have 2 workouts per week where they do that

Cool. The other days are submaximal work, like a Westside split?

No, they don’t do speed work, it s rep work… why would you associate that with Westside? A ton of powerlifters use a heavy/moderate split and that has been one of the most popular approach since the 70s

Good stuff. Do you prefer training the dead/squat on the same day, as opposed to push/pull days?

I reported what they were doing, not necessarily what I’m doing. That having been said, when I focus on the Olympic lifts I often squat and pull in the same workout

Nice.

sorry coach, I know you don’t like commenting on others programmes. How have you been implementing the ramp to heavy single, 3 x 5 @ 80% in your own training? Thank you in advance!

I’m interested as well. Now that this thread is back on track after being hijacked. :+1:t6: