Friday

Floor press with Fat Gripz

135 X 3 X 5
185 X 2 X 5
205 X 2 X 5

Bench narrow grip with Fat Gripz

205 X 1 X 3
225 X 1 X 3
255 X 1 X 3+= 1 Shoulder just not able to handle anything heavy right now. Doesnt hurt all the time anymore just when I try to raise laterally.

185 X 5 X 5

Mini-band pull-aparts

5 X 10

Nice tattoo

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Nice tattoo[/quote]

Thanks it hurt like a MF. Thought you would like my Dog also.

Saturday day of torture

After warm up

50-40-30-20-10

Kettle bell swings: did 53lbs for 50 and 40 then dropped to 42lb for 30-20-10
Situps with an Abd mat. I dont know why they like situps but can’t puss out.

After each round 200 meter run

26 mins

I again thought I was going to die. But I guess it seems to be working.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Nice tattoo[/quote]

Thanks it hurt like a MF. Thought you would like my Dog also. [/quote]

Oh and your dog is a nice looking fellow too

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Saturday day of torture

I again thought I was going to die. But I guess it seems to be working. [/quote]

I have thought about doing some of the crossfit WoD’s they post to facebook on my own, to get some nice metabolic work, but can’t bring myself to start them. I have recently decided to start hitting the gym in the morning for some empty stomach cardio, since I am up at 5 with the wife, and normally don’t have to do anything to get ready for work, or kid ready for school til close to 7. And occasionally I have done BB or DB complex work after regular workouts, for the meta stuff, but its not a regular thing by any means.

[quote]Ogre21793 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Saturday day of torture

I again thought I was going to die. But I guess it seems to be working. [/quote]

I have thought about doing some of the crossfit WoD’s they post to facebook on my own, to get some nice metabolic work, but can’t bring myself to start them. I have recently decided to start hitting the gym in the morning for some empty stomach cardio, since I am up at 5 with the wife, and normally don’t have to do anything to get ready for work, or kid ready for school til close to 7. And occasionally I have done BB or DB complex work after regular workouts, for the meta stuff, but its not a regular thing by any means.
[/quote]

Hey Ogre my main motivation was to get ready to do a warrior dash with the wife in March. However it now has become also something to do with the wife, it makes her happy. When Momma is happy everyone is happy.

I do the morning workout during the week, I have to be at work by 7 so I have to get up at 4:15 to hit it. Problem is I normally run out of time to really do any heavy cardio. So that is what my Saturday is, I will eventually put in some cardio during the week. I have just been to busy with work.

Yeah, I tried working out at 5 am for a few weeks, but didn’t feel like I could wake up quick enough to really get into it. Just started going with the wife in the evening, about 1.5 hours after dinner, kid likes it, because there was normally another kid or two at the gym to play with, heh.

About the too busy with work, most of the time, that isn’t a problem for me, I am part-time Mailman. I normally work 3-4 days a week, and when i do, its not a set # of hours, its, ‘when you get done, you go home’. I learned long ago to make the most of those hours, so it doesn’t take me long to do my route and get. The wife makes all the money in my family, heh. I am trying to do a better job of being her ‘boy-toy’, than I had been before.

^ Hahahaha I understand.

It takes awhile to adjust to getting up and lifting early. I have a high stress job so when I get off work and get home I pussed out to much and wouldnt lift. If I do it first thing early then I get it done. Now I have better days at work if I lift.

Keep up the good work. Like I always remind myself its not a race.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Like I always remind myself its not a race. [/quote]

And herein lies my problem.

You know, I’m sure your mug is prettier than your dog’s.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Like I always remind myself its not a race. [/quote]

And herein lies my problem.

You know, I’m sure your mug is prettier than your dog’s.[/quote]

:slight_smile: Not really. But thanks. Here is me as a kid.

Tuesday Military

95 X 2 X 5
115 X 2 X 5

Working set

135 X 1 X 5
155 X 1 X 5
175 X 1 X 5+= 6

Shrugs

315 X 1 X 10
365 X 2 X 10
415 X 1 X 10

Miltary with Fat Gripz

115 X 5 X 10

supersetting with no rest

Lat DB raises

25 X 5 X 10

superseting with no rest

mini-band pull-aparts

5 X 10

I’m going to go out on a limb and say your grip was fried after all that.

Actually no but my shoulders were on fucking fire. Tomorrow is grip work, farmers walks, suitcase carry and some upper back work.

Wed Grip work day

Farmers walks

120 lb each X 60 yards

Waiters walks right and then left arm

50 lb kettle X 60 yards

Suitcase carries

50 lb kettle X 60 yards

X 3 rotations

That looks like a hell of enjoyable grip day.

Yes sir trying to get back on schedule with a 5 day workout week for a while.

Friday Legs

Front Squat

135 X 3 X 10
185 X 2 X 5

working set

205 X 1 X 5
235 X 1 X 5
265 X 1 X 5+= 5

Realized I have not done a leg workout it quite a while. Have to get back on concentrating on these.

I look forward to leg days, now. I am starting to love squat day more than any other day of the week. I have no idea why, it certainly is not much fun while gutting out a couple reps in a last set, but for some reason, I feel like I wanna go squat every day instead of doing my other workouts during the week.

I honestly almost decided to just forget deadlifts totally, and do squats twice a week in my current program, I couldn’t decide if I would just do the same 5/3/1 template twice, or if I would do some low reps, working up to a max on the 2nd squat day, hehe. I controlled myself and decided to at least keep deadlifts in for a cycle or 2, but I might end up doubling up the squats eventually.
I used to hate them so much.

[quote]Ogre21793 wrote:
I look forward to leg days, now. I am starting to love squat day more than any other day of the week. I have no idea why, it certainly is not much fun while gutting out a couple reps in a last set, but for some reason, I feel like I wanna go squat every day instead of doing my other workouts during the week.

I honestly almost decided to just forget deadlifts totally, and do squats twice a week in my current program, I couldn’t decide if I would just do the same 5/3/1 template twice, or if I would do some low reps, working up to a max on the 2nd squat day, hehe. I controlled myself and decided to at least keep deadlifts in for a cycle or 2, but I might end up doubling up the squats eventually.
I used to hate them so much.[/quote]

Went through the same thing last year, but then I started getting some tendonitis in my right hip. Weird fucking spot to have that. So after a great squat workout legs are sore and righ hip hurts to walk or sit down.

So I have layed off squat for a while to hope to heal it up. It hurt some yesterday but nothing like the past. I am making another run on the DL and Squat and laying off the upper body like I have been.

Anybody else able to do hard and heavy on all the big 4? I just cant do it I have to cycle through them.