Strongest Guy on My Block

Steelers or Green Bay ?

Green Bay by 4 score in the 30’s.

Saturday Puke day

10 set of 10

50 lb Kettle bell swings
20 lb Wall ball thingies
50 jump ropes per set this sucked by the way.

just grind it out, man… good work

^ Thanks, didnt have the best workout, had some things going on at work that kept distracting me. Of course was up to late last night with game to get up early to workout today. This week is going to be fucked up anyway since my boss is in town and we have a lot of traveling to do this week.

Hows the CF day treating you?

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
Hows the CF day treating you?[/quote]

Like a redheaded step child. I only do it one day a week, and so far only done 3 Saturdays. Making me do some Dan Jon work during the week, so I dont look like a total pussy on Saturday.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Like a redheaded step child. [/quote]

Heh, that reminds me of the Simpsons.

Are you dropping weight like you wanted to though?

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

Not scale weight which honestly I really dont care about. I am trying to drop BF% is all really. I have a lot of old injuries with imbalances I need to correct. The other reason I am doing CF, even though I see terrible form there. I keep form and do not worry about keeping up with the group. Which may hurt my pride, but nobody there can do heavy weight really so it balances out.

Tuesday Military

95 X 2 X 5
115 X 2 X 5
135 X 2 X 5

Working set

155 X 1 X 5
175 X 1 X 3
195 X 1 X 1+= 1

Miltary with Fat Gripz

115 X 5 X 10

supersetting with no rest

Lat DB raises

25 X 5 X 10

superseting with no rest

mini-band pull-aparts

5 X 10

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

Not scale weight which honestly I really dont care about. I am trying to drop BF% is all really. I have a lot of old injuries with imbalances I need to correct. The other reason I am doing CF, even though I see terrible form there. I keep form and do not worry about keeping up with the group. Which may hurt my pride, but nobody there can do heavy weight really so it balances out. [/quote]

I hate seeing weight go on the scale go down too much because it can just as well be muscle. But losing bodyfat and staying the same weight is G.

Ha if anyone says anything, just say “Can you press 195? No? Din’t think so”
Then stick your tongue out at them.

Wed

Pullups with gray band

BW X 4 X 10

mini-band pull-aparts

4 X 25

Couldnt do farmers walks fucking raining outside. Just not feeling up to snuff today, fucking shoulder will not stop hurting. So just did some grip strength work, stretched and called it a day.

Thursday

Floor Press

135 X 3 X 6
185 X 2 X 5
205 X 2 X 5

Bench Fat Gripz narrow grip

205 X 1 X 5
225 X 1 X 5
245 X 1 X 5+= 1 Shoulder still not right

185 X 1 X F = 15

mini-band pull-aparts (Doing every day to rehab this shoulder)
4 X 25

Now off to drive 4 hours for meetings and then 4 hours back.

Hey DJ…Just curious about your pre/post workout routine. How do you warm up for such an early workout? My body seams so stiff in the mornings I imagine it would take a good bit of time before I could lift anything heavy. Do you eat pre w/o…Seems like one would have to get up pretty early to eat and warm up for a 4 something am workout.

Have you ever had an MRI on your shoulder?

Just curious.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Have you ever had an MRI on your shoulder?

Just curious.[/quote]

:slight_smile: Bad thing is, as a guy who can diagnose and treat injuries we are the worst at taking care of ourselves. I am going to spend another month rehabing my shoulder and back. The back feels 95% better, the shoulder is just not recovering as fast as it used to.

About 4 years ago I had one with a supraspinatus tear in the left and right. Also had a Grade 2 AC seperation in highschool, so I have arthritis already in the left AC joint. My only real worry is I have a labrium tear or a full thickness tear of the supraspinatus.

[quote]embo622 wrote:
Hey DJ…Just curious about your pre/post workout routine. How do you warm up for such an early workout? My body seams so stiff in the mornings I imagine it would take a good bit of time before I could lift anything heavy. Do you eat pre w/o…Seems like one would have to get up pretty early to eat and warm up for a 4 something am workout.[/quote]

No problem,I normally get up at 4:15 take 2 spike, pee and then change. :slight_smile:

Foam roll and stretch for at least 15 minutes so after it all its almost 4:50-5:00 according to what body part. Legs take a little longer. I also start low and slow and then build. Always. So by the time I am hitting the heavy stuff it is 5:15 so I have been up an hour and everything is warm.

Post is always Surge and then an hour later either Metobolic Drive or MAG-10. I at least try to get two shakes in before lunch.

Well hopefully some of my elder statesmen will read this.

Going through a rough time with my son, he turns 20 in May. When he was a junior in HS he decided since dad had rules he no longer had to come to my house. Divorced since he was 5. Got my kids 3 days a week every week until he was 17. Fast forward a couple of years, I helped him with college for two semesters. Only paid for books and tuition for two classes to get him accustumed to college. I went to college for 14 years so I know a little about the educational program. Year ago he got into the drug lifestyle and cost me 1000’s of dollars. I cut him off finacially and have not heard from him since.

His mom texts me today that on Monday he has a court appearance for possesion and could possibly see jail time. She is begging for help and asks not to give up on my son. I am torn and pissed off. I told her to fuck off and that if my son wanted my help then he should call me. This is just to get this off my chest, however any words of encouragement or to tell me I am a piece of shit is welcomed. I have paid child support since I caught my wife with another man and decided to leave. Just FYI I am far from some deadbeat dad.

^^ damn. I wouldn’t even hazard a guess what I would do in your situation.

^ I just know from my history drinking doesnt help.