Strongest Guy on My Block

295 X 3 sorry wrong one, I was just setting up the camera for the 385. After hurt the back I guess I deleted the video.

Sorry you hurt your back ;(
Lower back pain sucks, heal up quickly.

Still wicked deads though.

Laid off working out past three days, had to travel out of town yesterday for work. Back is about 80% better, just going to foam roll and stretch until Monday.

Percentage-wise, 295 is a long way from 385. There is some hints of leading with the hips (hips coming up first) in the 295 vid putting your low back at risk. In my case, and with most, this tendency to have the hips come up first gets worse as the weight gets heavier.

Might be worth making vids of everything when you start back. Squatting the weight up, whether pulling conventional or sumo is the best que for me. If I can’t squat it up, then the DL weight I’m using is too heavy for me. That is pretty much where I am now. Until my squat improves my DL is not going to go anywhere. Or I am going to fuck up my back trying.

^ Thanks for the info, I really wish I could have kept the 385 video. The first two felt exactly like the 295 did, just pisses me off more than anything.

I’ve done it too. It sucks.

Respect.

Sorry it all went south. Time for mobility drills!

[quote]Canada_K wrote:
Respect.

Sorry it all went south. Time for mobility drills![/quote]

Thats the other reason for the crossfit. Fucking sucks getting old. My initial worry was that I re-herniated the disc in my back. Good thing is no radiculopathy (referred pain) to my hamstring or thigh like last time. Just centered on the lower back.

Really need a massage. Wife is not big enough or strong enough to really work on my back.

My wife has weak little girl hands. I get her to use her elbows sometimes. Actually, my kids are better at it than she is. I think they like to hurt me :slight_smile:

Wife does okay, but would rather get a deep tissue and professional.

Not looking too bad! Like Git said, tape everything and review after each set.

I thought your form looked okay. Oh, I’ve thrown my back out twice DLing. I’m a terrible hip shooter, though, so that’s no surprise.

I hope you heal fast.

And thanks for the vid!

Monday

Military

95 X 2 x 6
115 X 2 X 5

Working set

135 X 1 X 5
155 X 1 X 5
175 X 1 X 5+= 6

Fat Gripz German Volume

115 X 10 X 10 ] 2 min rest between sets

Tuesday

Making myself lay off DL for one month to let the back heal

Pullups with gray band

4 X 8-10

Farmers walk

120 X 3 X 60 yards

One hand carries

50 lb kettle bell x 2 X 60 yards Right arm
50 lb kettle bell x 2 X 60 yards Left arm

Havent been able to use the walks because of weather, had a good day before a front hit. After Dan Johns article yesterday decided to get back on the horse and do these types of workouts more often again. The one hand carries are something else. I included pictures of the farmers bars I have to show people what I have been using. They are actually filled with cement and weigh about 50 lbs each.

Weird thing, ever since I did the dips a couple weeks ago my shoulder has been fucking killing me. Yesterday did the one arm walks and today my shoulder stopped hurting. I mean totally went away, I can now lift my arm without pain, weird. Man its going to suck to lift in the garage tomorrow it was 23 degrees this morning.

Be thankful. It was -23.2 here this morning. Our well head is frozen. No water.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Weird thing, ever since I did the dips a couple weeks ago my shoulder has been fucking killing me. Yesterday did the one arm walks and today my shoulder stopped hurting. I mean totally went away, I can now lift my arm without pain, weird. Man its going to suck to lift in the garage tomorrow it was 23 degrees this morning. [/quote]

I used to dips like a madman generally 60 - 70 a session weighted with 1 or 2 plates. I loved what they did for my tri’s and one of the few exercises that really assisted me in other lifts especially the Bench. Unfortunately I blame my partially torn labrum, impingements and what my doc has told me what is the onset of arthritis on myself being a dipshit. The extreme ROM especially with weighted dips really is what hurt me. I wish I wasn’t so hardheaded with these. Every once in a while ill attempt to do some BW dips, the pain is so sharp its depressing that I only have myself to blame.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Weird thing, ever since I did the dips a couple weeks ago my shoulder has been fucking killing me. Yesterday did the one arm walks and today my shoulder stopped hurting. I mean totally went away, I can now lift my arm without pain, weird. Man its going to suck to lift in the garage tomorrow it was 23 degrees this morning. [/quote]

I used to dips like a madman generally 60 - 70 a session weighted with 1 or 2 plates. I loved what they did for my tri’s and one of the few exercises that really assisted me in other lifts especially the Bench. Unfortunately I blame my partially torn labrum, impingements and what my doc has told me what is the onset of arthritis on myself being a dipshit. The extreme ROM especially with weighted dips really is what hurt me. I wish I wasn’t so hardheaded with these. Every once in a while ill attempt to do some BW dips, the pain is so sharp its depressing that I only have myself to blame.[/quote]

I havent had a MRI in about 6 years, but I know from HS football I had a grade 2 AC seperation. Now its arthritis and dips just fucking kill me. I did narrow it down to this excercise is what does it and like you weighted dips and I cant even rub my bald ass head without pain. Its weird cause Milis do not cause pain.

Ksnap yea I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather, if my garage was insulated and heated no problem. But I just cant get my ass warm enough at 4 in the morning to workout in the garage. I guess that will be my summer project is insulating the garage before next winter.

Minues thirty here Monday… Celcius, Fanheidt… that low who gives a shit!!!

And the past two days it’s been above freezing. What’s with the weather!?!?!?!

And I like the cautions around dips. I will take that to heart

^ Yea man just cant lift in cold to well. So have had 3 days off, hopefully tomorrow I can get some full body stuff in. I probably have problems with dips due to bad bench technique early in my life.