T Nation

Strongest Guy on My Block

Not an elder statesmen, but had a sibling with a similar (not drugs just estranged) propensity to return to the nest when things were dire monetarily. They stopped offering money but offered council and the relationship has slowly gotten better. She needed to see them as something other than a bank for that to happen.

Other than offer to pay for a lawyer, which the state will provide, what else can you do for your son besides sitting in the courtroom? Are they looking for you to pull out a cape and save the day?

From what you said, you have tried. At some point he has to deal with the decisions he has made. Using drugs was his decision. Leaving your home was his decision. Quitting college was his decision. Court/jail will be HIS consequences.

Saturday Forgot to log hell day

12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Burpees (up downs from HS football)
Push Press 95#
Roman chair situps

So it was 12 reps on each then 11 and down to 1. Finished in 24 min not as bad as some of the other workouts. The push press was easy I did military most of the time. My damn abs are killing me today.

Monday Military

95 X 2 X 5
115 X 2 X 5
135 X 2 X 5

Working set

145 X 1 X 3
165 X 1 X 3
185 X 1 X 3+= 4

Miltary with Fat Gripz

115 X 5 X 10

supersetting with no rest

Lat DB raises

25 X 5 X 10

superseting with no rest

mini-band pull-aparts

5 X 10

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
DJ I hope all the best for you and yours, good luck brother[/quote]

Thanks man. Friday was a bad day, end of the week. Work has been out of this worlds busy. When the X texts this shit just made me want to drink heavy.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
Not an elder statesmen, but had a sibling with a similar (not drugs just estranged) propensity to return to the nest when things were dire monetarily. They stopped offering money but offered council and the relationship has slowly gotten better. She needed to see them as something other than a bank for that to happen.

Other than offer to pay for a lawyer, which the state will provide, what else can you do for your son besides sitting in the courtroom? Are they looking for you to pull out a cape and save the day?

From what you said, you have tried. At some point he has to deal with the decisions he has made. Using drugs was his decision. Leaving your home was his decision. Quitting college was his decision. Court/jail will be HIS consequences.

[/quote]

Thanks man, tough love is hard, but I did it with my brother also.

Yes my X expects me to break out the wad of cash and hire lawyer. To do whatever is necessary to save her little boy from the law. Even though she funded his habit in the first place.

and it keeps piling on. not sure how u and soldog keep trodding through all the BS. a couple guys call me mr consistent at the gym, but u guys show some true dedication through adversity. good luck man, keep pushing.

[quote]wasBr0k3n wrote:
and it keeps piling on. not sure how u and soldog keep trodding through all the BS. a couple guys call me mr consistent at the gym, but u guys show some true dedication through adversity. good luck man, keep pushing.[/quote]

Well I have faith in God and faith in my Wife. Those two carry me through all. Plus I am just a stubborn fucker that never gives up. I have another even bigger issue in my life that I have not shared on here, that when it is over I will.

Wed Deadlift Okay going to work my way back slowly into this.

Warm up Snatch DL

135 X 2 x 5
185 X 2 X 3
225 X 1 X 1

Working set

295 X 1 X 3
335 X 1 X 3
375 X 1 X 3+= 1 Okay got nervous and lacked the mental strength after being injured. Again no hurry here

Farmers walks

120 X 60 yards X 2

Suitcase walk

50lb Kettlebell X 60 X 2- 1 each hand

Mini-band pull-aparts

5 X 10

Forearms were fucking cooked after this.

Respect for still getting it done with so much shit going on.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Thanks Farmer, I know they will. I have been grinding it out for years. This has now become my 16 year old diary. :slight_smile:

Friday

Floor press with Fat Gripz

135 X 3 X 5
185 X 2 X 5
205 X 2 X 5

Bench narrow grip with Fat Gripz

205 X 1 X 3
225 X 1 X 3
255 X 1 X 3+= 1 Shoulder just not able to handle anything heavy right now. Doesnt hurt all the time anymore just when I try to raise laterally.

185 X 5 X 5

Mini-band pull-aparts

5 X 10

Nice tattoo

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Nice tattoo[/quote]

Thanks it hurt like a MF. Thought you would like my Dog also.

Saturday day of torture

After warm up

50-40-30-20-10

Kettle bell swings: did 53lbs for 50 and 40 then dropped to 42lb for 30-20-10
Situps with an Abd mat. I dont know why they like situps but can’t puss out.

After each round 200 meter run

26 mins

I again thought I was going to die. But I guess it seems to be working.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Nice tattoo[/quote]

Thanks it hurt like a MF. Thought you would like my Dog also. [/quote]

Oh and your dog is a nice looking fellow too

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Saturday day of torture

I again thought I was going to die. But I guess it seems to be working. [/quote]

I have thought about doing some of the crossfit WoD’s they post to facebook on my own, to get some nice metabolic work, but can’t bring myself to start them. I have recently decided to start hitting the gym in the morning for some empty stomach cardio, since I am up at 5 with the wife, and normally don’t have to do anything to get ready for work, or kid ready for school til close to 7. And occasionally I have done BB or DB complex work after regular workouts, for the meta stuff, but its not a regular thing by any means.

[quote]Ogre21793 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Saturday day of torture

I again thought I was going to die. But I guess it seems to be working. [/quote]

I have thought about doing some of the crossfit WoD’s they post to facebook on my own, to get some nice metabolic work, but can’t bring myself to start them. I have recently decided to start hitting the gym in the morning for some empty stomach cardio, since I am up at 5 with the wife, and normally don’t have to do anything to get ready for work, or kid ready for school til close to 7. And occasionally I have done BB or DB complex work after regular workouts, for the meta stuff, but its not a regular thing by any means.
[/quote]

Hey Ogre my main motivation was to get ready to do a warrior dash with the wife in March. However it now has become also something to do with the wife, it makes her happy. When Momma is happy everyone is happy.

I do the morning workout during the week, I have to be at work by 7 so I have to get up at 4:15 to hit it. Problem is I normally run out of time to really do any heavy cardio. So that is what my Saturday is, I will eventually put in some cardio during the week. I have just been to busy with work.

Yeah, I tried working out at 5 am for a few weeks, but didn’t feel like I could wake up quick enough to really get into it. Just started going with the wife in the evening, about 1.5 hours after dinner, kid likes it, because there was normally another kid or two at the gym to play with, heh.

About the too busy with work, most of the time, that isn’t a problem for me, I am part-time Mailman. I normally work 3-4 days a week, and when i do, its not a set # of hours, its, ‘when you get done, you go home’. I learned long ago to make the most of those hours, so it doesn’t take me long to do my route and get. The wife makes all the money in my family, heh. I am trying to do a better job of being her ‘boy-toy’, than I had been before.

^ Hahahaha I understand.

It takes awhile to adjust to getting up and lifting early. I have a high stress job so when I get off work and get home I pussed out to much and wouldnt lift. If I do it first thing early then I get it done. Now I have better days at work if I lift.

Keep up the good work. Like I always remind myself its not a race.