Stronger Than All 2006

Anyone going to this strongman comp? It’s in New Haven, CT on April 1st. Myself and 7 of my closest friends will be driving over from Rochester.

Oh cool, can you go to watch these events? I am only 10 miles from New Haven.
post the details

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
Anyone going to this strongman comp? It’s in New Haven, CT on April 1st. Myself and 7 of my closest friends will be driving over from Rochester.[/quote]

Hopefully coming in from LI (sent in my app late!!!)

go to www.ctstrongman.com for details

[quote]kroc30 wrote:
RIT Jared wrote:
Anyone going to this strongman comp? It’s in New Haven, CT on April 1st. Myself and 7 of my closest friends will be driving over from Rochester.

Hopefully coming in from LI (sent in my app late!!!)[/quote]

Didn’t you do NJ in the fall? What’s your name?

I’m going to TRY to make it. Saturdays are going to be tough for the next few months, but I’d like to see my buddy Sully compete.

Including myself I know of 5 other people that will be competing in STA2 from NY.Also, a bunch of people(family,friends,fellow competitors) that will be there for support and an awesome show.

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
I’m going to TRY to make it. Saturdays are going to be tough for the next few months, but I’d like to see my buddy Sully compete.

www.ericcressey.com[/quote]

Yeah, Sully’s what’s it’s all about. Screw those two guys from your gym who’re going! :wink:

oooh, videos

www.ctstrongman.com/STA06_Video.htm

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
kroc30 wrote:
RIT Jared wrote:

Hopefully coming in from LI (sent in my app late!!!)

Didn’t you do NJ in the fall? What’s your name?[/quote]

Kevin O’Connor - Yea, I was at Jersey in the fall. What class were you in???

I’m hoping to go to watch. Let me know who to root for!

I’m going, I went last year and watched my buddy Tom McClure kick ass!!! (I think it was his first show)

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
[/quote]

I may not be the best there, but I’ll be one of the baldest and most Irish looking of the lW’s!!!

I am going to watch… and take notes. Maybe I’ll be able to do this someday.

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
[/quote]

I’ll probably be the baldest, palest Irish guy in the LW’s!!!

Kroc, I’ll cheer for you! (also pale and Irish…)

YoMomma, we should meet up - that would be fun! PM me if you’re interested.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
Eric Cressey wrote:

Yeah, Sully’s what’s it’s all about. Screw those two guys from your gym who’re going! ;-)[/quote]

Damn, Kevin; who is competing?

I know there will be a late fee, but is it too late to send in my app? Anyone know anything I dont? I didnt see a deadline on the site, but one of you might know.

That, and what is an axle deadlift? Is it just a regular deadlift with a thickbar? Is it any higher off the ground than a deadlift with regular 45’s on each side?

Will anyone make fun of me since I’m weak?

[quote]kroc30 wrote:

I’ll probably be the baldest, palest Irish guy in the LW’s!!!

[/quote]

I’ll give you baldest, but I’m positive Ill be the palest Irish lw.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I know there will be a late fee, but is it too late to send in my app? Anyone know anything I dont? I didnt see a deadline on the site, but one of you might know.

That, and what is an axle deadlift? Is it just a regular deadlift with a thickbar? Is it any higher off the ground than a deadlift with regular 45’s on each side?

Will anyone make fun of me since I’m weak?[/quote]

Send them an e-mail. It might be worth a try.

Axle DL is a thick bar deadlift that is traditionally done with tires, which are larger than plates. I see grip being a bigger issue for most people than posterior chain strength.