Stronger Day After Phenibut

I no longer drink alcohol and instead will occasionally use 1-1.5g phenibut for social events. I’ve noticed that the day after I tend to be stronger or just have a great overall workout, even if I am tired.

My thoughts are that this is either caused by phenibut relaxing the CNS and helping it to recover, or that it increases confidence and ability to lift whatever is on the bar.

Any idea what the mechanism may be?

1 Like

Think CT mentioned on the Ben Pakulski podcast once that phenibut is a huge GABA booster. So that could be an explanation. Funny you should use it for social events. Does it mimic the reaction alcohol might give you without the downside effects?

Yes, it binds to GABAb receptors, while alcohol binds to GABAa receptors. So, it’s a similar effect. It doesn’t make you slurry, uncoordinated, or mentally slow. For me it is very relaxing and reduces inhibitions while maintaining mental sharpness.

Tolerance can also build quickly, so it shouldn’t be used frequently. The most frequently I would ever use 1.5g would be once per week.

X2 On tolerance building quickly. Have to use prn or for periods of high stress. With daily use, it’ll have little to no effect.