Strong Words

Strong Words that aren’t on TMUSCLE’S “Strong Words”

“If you allow yourself to be distracted, you allow yourself to fail”- Arnold Schwarzenegger

“Going where there is no road will make a new road”- Genki Sudo

“There are two different types of people, your going to meet a lot of people who are going to say they want to win, they want to win, they want to win, but not everybody is willing to work to win, not everybody wants to work, everybody wants to win, but they will do it tommorow, but then you got guys from other countries who want to train with Joe, those are people who want to win, you wont make it here if you dont bring it, the enviornment breeds like winners, so if you come here without a winner’s mentality, you will feel so uncomfortable, you’ll find somewhere else to train, were out there pulling the sled & stuff like that, no person in their right mind is going to do that, but if you want to win you will” -Strong the Movie

And many more…

[quote]VlocoG wrote:
“There are two different types of people, your going to meet a lot of people who are going to say they want to win, they want to win, they want to win, but not everybody is willing to work to win, not everybody wants to work, everybody wants to win, but they will do it tommorow, but then you got guys from other countries who want to train with Joe, those are people who want to win, you wont make it here if you dont bring it, the enviornment breeds like winners, so if you come here without a winner’s mentality, you will feel so uncomfortable, you’ll find somewhere else to train, were out there pulling the sled & stuff like that, no person in their right mind is going to do that, but if you want to win you will” -Strong the Movie
[/quote]

I agree with this general sentiment but this quote sucks.

“The greater life’s pain, the greater life’s reply”
Joseph Campbell

“Rest satisfied with doing well and leave others to talk of you as they please.”
Pythagoras

Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.
Ayn Rand

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.
Ayn Rand

A few that i like.

(BTW TC is a fan of the fountainhead(Ayn Rand), if you have not yet read The fountainhead Check it out, strong words cover to cover.

[quote]NJ-Polska wrote:
“The greater life’s pain, the greater life’s reply”
Joseph Campbell

“Rest satisfied with doing well and leave others to talk of you as they please.”
Pythagoras

Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.
Ayn Rand

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.
Ayn Rand

A few that i like.

(BTW TC is an Ayn Rand fan, if you have not yet read The fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged then hurry up an get on that)[/quote]

I’m a fan of The Fountainhead, which is about artistic integrity, but I’m not so much a fan of her other stuff.

Had to throw that in.

Thanks!
TC

Sorry TC I did not mean to put words in your mouth, you have quoted from The fountain head so i assumed it was the author not the book you agreed with.

I edited my post above for truth.

I like this one!
“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.”
-Vince Lombardi

“If you go to a cheap motel in Thailand, you can feel the burn, too. Except it takes a couple of weeks to really feel it.” Jim Wendler

We train because there are only two ways to get stronger, and we haven’t found the other.

Spewing rhetoric, I know…I just thought it was a funny quote.

“Do or do not, there is no try” – Yoda.

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”

• Mahatma Gandhi

“Screw you guys …I’m going home”
-Cartman

" everybody want to be a bodybuilder but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight"

-big nasty Ronnie Coleman.

" At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly becomes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the … Read Moreconviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precious moment in life than this, the white moment, and you will work very hard for years just to taste it again.â?? – Yuri Vlasov, Soviet Weightlifter

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

• Robert Heinlein

“Think of it this way - we all know that when you strain in the gym, you get stronger. If a weight is light and easy, you don’t strain. Why should life be any different?”

• Dave Tate