Strong Words Applied to Bodybuilding

[quote]josh86 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Strong Words For Bodybuilding: Shut The Fuck Up and Lift

Seriously. Shut the fuck up and lift/eat. You should come up with some catchy way to word that with lift and eat in there.

Good post X, hopefully this will open some of the eyes of the people on here who are constantly questioning stupid little things that don’t matter.[/quote]

Don’t get your hopes up…

Good words, Doc! Thanks.

It’s like building a house.
The foundation is hard work, yet simple.
And without that strong foundation, all the details in the world won’t make up for it.

Well put Prof. When I see you in a dispute here, well you know the quote, the stupid will drag you down to their level, but they’ll beat you with experience.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Strong Words For Bodybuilding: Shut The Fuck Up and Lift[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/shut_up_n_lift_dimeos_log

Thought I’d bring this up considering the boards are now filled with stupid polls of quotes and trying to look like you lift in a shirt and how corn is bad. I feel stupid reading those things.

I feel stupid listening to F.F.F.B.T.'s (FORMER FAT FUCKS with BITCH TITS) telling others what to do when they have a body no one would want but breasts many women would envy.

When anyone has outside goals or just wants to be lean instead of some muscled up lard ass with tits he gets ripped on. This site has turned into something lame it’s a sick cult with king X running the show.

Oh but this is a bodybuilding site that right? A)how many of you compete and B) don’t some very good athlete trainers post on here. Have fun with boobs

strong words prof x…
and as usual we have one like drewh…
:slight_smile:

[quote]drewh wrote:
I feel stupid listening to F.F.F.B.T.'s (FORMER FAT FUCKS with BITCH TITS) telling others what to do when they have a body no one would want but breasts many women would envy.

When anyone has outside goals or just wants to be lean instead of some muscled up lard ass with tits he gets ripped on. This site has turned into something lame it’s a sick cult with king X running the show.

Oh but this is a bodybuilding site that right? A)how many of you compete and B) don’t some very good athlete trainers post on here. Have fun with boobs [/quote]

Yeah, tell 'em! …Especially when you have no profile information, no picture, and seldom post.

Douchebaggery aside, I’ve hardly been on the site for over a year, and I’m about done posting. I’m planning on staying mostly in threads that actually have significance or ones that haven’t been repeated 1,000 times.

The mere fact that we have people who joined this month dolling out information about corn being “evil” is just about enough for me.

I can’t even imagine what the guys who’ve been here for years (who are still left) think about the website. Seems like there’d be a lot more aspiring physiques if people stopped talking and started doing.

[quote]drewh wrote:

Oh but this is a bodybuilding site that right? A)how many of you compete and B) don’t some very good athlete trainers post on here. Have fun with boobs [/quote]

I dont really get why you posted this? I have never really been one for the whole “bashing” some1 here but WTF?
You feel stupid because you are…

Im not really sure what you ranting about, guys dont get flamed because of their goals, they get flamed because they ask stupid questions.

^^ and make posts like yours.

As for the “king X” lol, he is a guy who obviously knows a lot about bodybuilding/training etc and many people here aspire to what he has achieved and so he has his “Fan Boys” but whats wrong with that? (As lomg as their not so closed minded as you and reject all other info).
Just like im sure you prefer and use other peoples advise…

Heck im no “X fan boy” and if im honest you could prob call me a “CT” fan but that doesnt mean im not going to listen to a guy who knows copious amounts more than me.

To Prof X, good post.

Alex

amen

Excellent post X, appreciated.

You have to read alot of crap on here to find the good stuff, but there is some really worthwhile info that gets posted on here; this post included.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
You’re alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.?Barbara Hall

The same applies to bodybuilding. Your progress is not judged by how many articles you can quote. It is not judged by how complicated you can make a training routine or the fact that you have a log that lists exactly how many seconds that last set took.

The biggest and strongest have something in common. They know that action is more important than the thought of action. They know that their progress is based on their own effort. Lastly, they believe from the beginning that they can reach their goal and don’t even accept anyone telling them what their limits are before they begin.

In all honesty, those who have it in them probably don’t need this post. They would be the ones who knew what they wanted so they watched those who had it. They had the guts to make it to the gym and begin instead of sitting at home on a computer for two years reading articles as if experience can be made up for with more action-less reading.

Life is short. You do not have the time to sit around and wait for something to be handed to you. You either make a choice and act on it or you remain stagnant.

I am tired of stagnant people making their presence known as if they deserve respect simply for being.

They don’t.[/quote]

What made you post this?

[quote]hardgnr wrote:

What made you post this?[/quote]

It was probably this

Strong words indeed.

Even though you wrote exactly what needs to be changed with most beginners, I still think damn near any one of them who reads that will not change their ways.

I think that people will either learn it on their own, or they won’t. They’ll have the drive to change, or they’ll micromanage and quit.

[quote]tassie wrote:
hardgnr wrote:

What made you post this?

It was probably this

Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness [/quote]

haha. Duly noted.

Inspiring. Those who have followed X’s posts a little longer know that he keeps telling the same, with different words, over and over, the funny thing is that there’ll be always people who think they know how to swim by reading it on internet.

Education is good.

Action is better.

Education + Action is best.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
You’re alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.?Barbara Hall

The same applies to bodybuilding. Your progress is not judged by how many articles you can quote. It is not judged by how complicated you can make a training routine or the fact that you have a log that lists exactly how many seconds that last set took.

The biggest and strongest have something in common. They know that action is more important than the thought of action. They know that their progress is based on their own effort. Lastly, they believe from the beginning that they can reach their goal and don’t even accept anyone telling them what their limits are before they begin.

In all honesty, those who have it in them probably don’t need this post. They would be the ones who knew what they wanted so they watched those who had it. They had the guts to make it to the gym and begin instead of sitting at home on a computer for two years reading articles as if experience can be made up for with more action-less reading.

Life is short. You do not have the time to sit around and wait for something to be handed to you. You either make a choice and act on it or you remain stagnant.

I am tired of stagnant people making their presence known as if they deserve respect simply for being.

They don’t.[/quote]

Excellemt post. Seriously motivating. Thanks Prof.

Great post, Doc!

However, the only way that advice would be followed by beginners and all would be to have you on the cover of any top BBing mag, and an interview inside with said advice. Even then the fickle fuckers would forget it all by the next issue.